Flying Brick II

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

User avatar
Dangerous Drifter Dan
Imitation Crab Meat
Posts: 452
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Dangerous Drifter Dan »

flat white!!!
User avatar
Greg
Muscle Milk
Posts: 11575
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: Seventh Circle Inner Ring.
Contact:

Post by Greg »

Dangerous Drifter Dan wrote:flat white!!!
don't touch the shitty faded molded paint!!
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
User avatar
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing
Posts: 1942
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Virginia

Post by Lightning »

The white paint is going to be the FOERST to go....at the car wash/powerwasher. It'll probably peel off anyway.


random thought:


The thought is....4 seats. (hell, the car's big enough) I'm gonna get the Kirkey seats since they're the cheapest ones I can find, and I sat in them at the Summit wharehouse and liked the feel of them too. Soo.....4 Kirkey seats, and harnesses for all.


once I get better, I'd like to get 3 passengers in the car instead of just one.
User avatar
Greg
Muscle Milk
Posts: 11575
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: Seventh Circle Inner Ring.
Contact:

Post by Greg »

I still have a big boy Kirkey that I had in my miata for track days, I loved the feel of it, it held me tight like a warm hug, not comfortable for driving around town.

matt has one in his S13, I think he likes it too.
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
User avatar
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing
Posts: 1942
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Virginia

Post by Lightning »

Greg wrote:I still have a big boy Kirkey that I had in my miata for track days, I loved the feel of it, it held me tight like a warm hug, not comfortable for driving around town.

matt has one in his S13, I think he likes it too.

yeah, I saw them in Matt's car.


what size is the seat? I'd like to be able to have anybody ride with me once that time comes.
User avatar
down_shift
Muscle Milk
Posts: 11892
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 1:38 am
Location: Beverly Hills

Post by down_shift »

I hate matt's kirkey because it is the perfectly wrong size for me.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
User avatar
P.Haire
Trunk Junk
Posts: 14403
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:13 pm
Location: ZOO
Contact:

Post by P.Haire »

it's like a gentle hug from a robot to me.
Image
please believe
User avatar
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing
Posts: 1942
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Flying Brick II...now weighed.

Post by Lightning »

well, I went and got the car weighed. My buddy who won the Cobra let me borrow his truck to get it to the weigh station

Image
Image
Image

That's with a 1/4 tank of gas, no driver, and only the donut spare and the scissor jack in the car.


59.6% Front / 40.4% Rear on the weight distribution. It can only get better from here. There's a lot of stuff to get rid of up front.
unhinged......no, not really.
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29036
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Re: Flying Brick II

Post by andysapp »

I didn't know you could roll up to one of those and get weighed. That's rad.
User avatar
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing
Posts: 1942
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Flying Brick II

Post by Lightning »

andysapp wrote:I didn't know you could roll up to one of those and get weighed. That's rad.
yep, just be prepared to cough up 8-9 dollars though.



about it's weight, I was expecting it to be heavier actually. I should be able to get it down to 3400-ish before things start getting replaced.


we weighed the GT500 too, it was about 3950 and 57%/43%
unhinged......no, not really.
User avatar
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing
Posts: 1942
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Flying Brick II

Post by Lightning »

ooo.....a new Carb.....err....EFI.....what?

Image

http://www.professional-products.com/EFI_3.php


There goes my main gripe at how EFI doesnt look like a Carb....
unhinged......no, not really.
User avatar
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing
Posts: 1942
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Flying Brick II

Post by Lightning »

my Uncle was checking the car over some, was checking a brake line...and noticed a crack in the spindle.


so....These are now in the mail heading to where the car is.

twice as strong as the old ones, already predrilled for Wilwood calipers, but can also accept my stock brakes too.

Image
unhinged......no, not really.
User avatar
Greg
Muscle Milk
Posts: 11575
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: Seventh Circle Inner Ring.
Contact:

Re: Flying Brick II

Post by Greg »

this will be drifting before martymartymarty.net's 13.
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
User avatar
struka
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8263
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: Rocketbrah

Re: Flying Brick II

Post by struka »

lolz
User avatar
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing
Posts: 1942
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Flying Brick II

Post by Lightning »

I has spindles now, I forgot my camera in the truck so I can't upload them right now.
unhinged......no, not really.
Post Reply