Flying Brick II
Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing
- Dangerous Drifter Dan
- Imitation Crab Meat
- Posts: 452
- Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:27 pm
- Lightning
- OK Finally Past the Hazing
- Posts: 1942
- Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm
- Location: Virginia
The white paint is going to be the FOERST to go....at the car wash/powerwasher. It'll probably peel off anyway.
random thought:
The thought is....4 seats. (hell, the car's big enough) I'm gonna get the Kirkey seats since they're the cheapest ones I can find, and I sat in them at the Summit wharehouse and liked the feel of them too. Soo.....4 Kirkey seats, and harnesses for all.
once I get better, I'd like to get 3 passengers in the car instead of just one.
random thought:
The thought is....4 seats. (hell, the car's big enough) I'm gonna get the Kirkey seats since they're the cheapest ones I can find, and I sat in them at the Summit wharehouse and liked the feel of them too. Soo.....4 Kirkey seats, and harnesses for all.
once I get better, I'd like to get 3 passengers in the car instead of just one.
- Greg
- Muscle Milk
- Posts: 11575
- Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:05 pm
- Location: Seventh Circle Inner Ring.
- Contact:
I still have a big boy Kirkey that I had in my miata for track days, I loved the feel of it, it held me tight like a warm hug, not comfortable for driving around town.
matt has one in his S13, I think he likes it too.
matt has one in his S13, I think he likes it too.
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
- Lightning
- OK Finally Past the Hazing
- Posts: 1942
- Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm
- Location: Virginia
Greg wrote:I still have a big boy Kirkey that I had in my miata for track days, I loved the feel of it, it held me tight like a warm hug, not comfortable for driving around town.
matt has one in his S13, I think he likes it too.
yeah, I saw them in Matt's car.
what size is the seat? I'd like to be able to have anybody ride with me once that time comes.
- down_shift
- Muscle Milk
- Posts: 11892
- Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 1:38 am
- Location: Beverly Hills
I hate matt's kirkey because it is the perfectly wrong size for me.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
- Lightning
- OK Finally Past the Hazing
- Posts: 1942
- Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm
- Location: Virginia
Re: Flying Brick II...now weighed.
well, I went and got the car weighed. My buddy who won the Cobra let me borrow his truck to get it to the weigh station



That's with a 1/4 tank of gas, no driver, and only the donut spare and the scissor jack in the car.
59.6% Front / 40.4% Rear on the weight distribution. It can only get better from here. There's a lot of stuff to get rid of up front.



That's with a 1/4 tank of gas, no driver, and only the donut spare and the scissor jack in the car.
59.6% Front / 40.4% Rear on the weight distribution. It can only get better from here. There's a lot of stuff to get rid of up front.
unhinged......no, not really.
Re: Flying Brick II
I didn't know you could roll up to one of those and get weighed. That's rad.
- Lightning
- OK Finally Past the Hazing
- Posts: 1942
- Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm
- Location: Virginia
Re: Flying Brick II
yep, just be prepared to cough up 8-9 dollars though.andysapp wrote:I didn't know you could roll up to one of those and get weighed. That's rad.
about it's weight, I was expecting it to be heavier actually. I should be able to get it down to 3400-ish before things start getting replaced.
we weighed the GT500 too, it was about 3950 and 57%/43%
unhinged......no, not really.
- Lightning
- OK Finally Past the Hazing
- Posts: 1942
- Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm
- Location: Virginia
Re: Flying Brick II
ooo.....a new Carb.....err....EFI.....what?

http://www.professional-products.com/EFI_3.php
There goes my main gripe at how EFI doesnt look like a Carb....

http://www.professional-products.com/EFI_3.php
There goes my main gripe at how EFI doesnt look like a Carb....
unhinged......no, not really.
- Lightning
- OK Finally Past the Hazing
- Posts: 1942
- Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm
- Location: Virginia
Re: Flying Brick II
my Uncle was checking the car over some, was checking a brake line...and noticed a crack in the spindle.
so....These are now in the mail heading to where the car is.
twice as strong as the old ones, already predrilled for Wilwood calipers, but can also accept my stock brakes too.

so....These are now in the mail heading to where the car is.
twice as strong as the old ones, already predrilled for Wilwood calipers, but can also accept my stock brakes too.
unhinged......no, not really.
- Greg
- Muscle Milk
- Posts: 11575
- Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:05 pm
- Location: Seventh Circle Inner Ring.
- Contact:
Re: Flying Brick II
this will be drifting before martymartymarty.net's 13.
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
- Lightning
- OK Finally Past the Hazing
- Posts: 1942
- Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm
- Location: Virginia
Re: Flying Brick II
I has spindles now, I forgot my camera in the truck so I can't upload them right now.
unhinged......no, not really.



