I might be driving for MONSTER JAM soon.

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: andysapp, charlie, CodyW, darkducati

Post Reply
User avatar
Tracy
Imitation Crab Meat
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:01 pm
Location: Atlanta
Contact:

I might be driving for MONSTER JAM soon.

Post by Tracy »

Some of you may have already heard about it (martymartymarty.net) but now it's official. I have been talking to them for a while now. I never thought it would really happen but they called me and asked me to test last week. I fly out to NC for testing on June 30th. I come back July 3rd. I'm not sure when I will find out if the picked me or not. I am up against 8 other people and 1 other female. I don't even know how many of us they will take. I will be driving a Live Nation truck if the pick me. Live Nation is a division of Clear Channel and they own Monster Jam.


Anyways, wish me luck. I'm really excited and hope I get it!!!! I have been out to a few events since they have been talking to me. Those trucks are pretty insane. I'm not sure if any of you have seen them up close recently, but it's pretty awesome. I will take pics :)




oh yea and YEEEE HAAAAW!!!!
User avatar
P.Haire
Trunk Junk
Posts: 14403
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:13 pm
Location: ZOO
Contact:

Post by P.Haire »

so you're going to drive a monster truck?
Image
please believe
User avatar
Tracy
Imitation Crab Meat
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:01 pm
Location: Atlanta
Contact:

Post by Tracy »

P.Haire wrote:so you're going to drive a monster truck?
So far I am only testing to see if they want me or not. So, it's a maybe at this point.
DJones
Not Really Past the Hazing
Posts: 1297
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:13 am
Location: Lawrenceville, GA

Post by DJones »

I can see you doing that. Good luck!!
User avatar
Tracy
Imitation Crab Meat
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:01 pm
Location: Atlanta
Contact:

Post by Tracy »

Thanks!

I guess I actually will be "driving" a monster truck to test. The said they put us on sand hills so it's not as hard on us and the trucks as when we do the real thing. hey said it's all about throttle rhythm.
User avatar
PmartyX
Purple Drank
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:03 pm
Location: CALI FINALLY!
Contact:

Post by PmartyX »

Just remember, if the truck gets out of shape, just floor it and flip over! The crowd loves it!!! :D
I am very safety driver!!!!!!!!!

Image

"if you see team rowdy in anyone's sig, just don't even read the post. From my experience anything they've said to me was assholish and most of what i read is the same."
User avatar
Generz
Eet Bacon
Posts: 7970
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:11 am
Location: XOXO GossipGene
Contact:

Post by Generz »

if you have no chance of winning the racing.. win the free-style..

1. big air
2. massive cyclones
3. if you break.. ram the largest object as fast as you can (i.e. a bus or mobile home)
Image
User avatar
GTEAST
Clam Salesman
Posts: 646
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by GTEAST »

Good luck Tracy!!!
User avatar
VRT nenders
Taco Bar Extraordinaire
Posts: 4690
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:20 am
Location: My Parent's Basement

Post by VRT nenders »

Wow, just WOW! Monster trucks are more redneck than nASScar.
That shit is soooo stupid.
Image
User avatar
GTEAST
Clam Salesman
Posts: 646
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by GTEAST »

I bet it pays good though.
User avatar
Greg
Muscle Milk
Posts: 11575
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: Seventh Circle Inner Ring.
Contact:

Post by Greg »

GTEAST wrote:I bet it pays good though.
I would put any money on that. most of the driver/owners are on a shoestring budget, there are only 3-4 teams that actually make a lot of money. my uncle works for a place in N.C. that cuts tires for a few monster truck teams.
User avatar
VRT nenders
Taco Bar Extraordinaire
Posts: 4690
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:20 am
Location: My Parent's Basement

Post by VRT nenders »

Eunos Roadster wrote:
GTEAST wrote:I bet it pays good though.
I would put any money on that. most of the driver/owners are on a shoestring budget, there are only 3-4 teams that actually make a lot of money. my uncle works for a place in N.C. that cuts tires for a few monster truck teams.
truff....its a pointless market. the technology in the suspension is pretty insane, but the price to maintain it is outrageous. i knew a guy back in indy that did this for a living, he was a complete heck and could barely afford to fix his truck, let alone survive off the pay.
Image
User avatar
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8581
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
Location: emergency surgery in the studio
Contact:

Post by CodyW »

haha, sounds entertaining at least! good luck!
User avatar
DrifterMama
Clam Salesman
Posts: 793
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:20 am
Location: Knoxvegas, TN
Contact:

Post by DrifterMama »

you know I want you to do good! :) I think it's awesome that you have this opportunity..

and since i'm in a bitchy mood, enough with the redneck and hick stuff.. just because you are from wherever you are from k?

could you drive Nascar or Monster Trucks? eh probably not..
\\Amanda//
User avatar
Tracy
Imitation Crab Meat
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:01 pm
Location: Atlanta
Contact:

Post by Tracy »

Y'all are so funny.


It's not a "pointless market" if you are a PAID driver. Driving is driving, money is money. I don't have to change any tires, repair any vehicles and they fly me in to drive. I won't be a privateer driving a privateer owned truck on a privateer budget. I would be driving a truck owned by Monster Jam and repaired by them. What's so bad about that? Live Nation is footing the bill. I am a hired gun. The salary is actually pretty amazing. More than some of you will make all year. Not to mention that Clear Channel is a billion dollar company. The networking alone is worth it. Some of you really should think before you open the haterade or at least do some research so you don't look so silly. Nah Mean?

p.s. hatin' is hatin' ;)

Anyways,

Eugene, you can't get into the freestyle comp unless you win the races. The good thing is, I am good at crashing :D
Post Reply