I got my car back :D

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: andysapp, charlie, CodyW, darkducati

DJones
Not Really Past the Hazing
Posts: 1297
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:13 am
Location: Lawrenceville, GA

I got my car back :D

Post by DJones »

For those that were not at the last dg event, My car started having some major misfire issues twards the end of the day.
The CEL never came on. I checked everything that I could think of.
I took it to the dealer, and they played hit and mis with it. They pulled the spark plugs, and that's when I got the call: "Mr Jones, What kind of octane boost have you been running?" :oops:

As it turns out, the octane boost completely fouled the plugs, and left a nice red residue on them for Ford to not cover it under warranty. cost: $260.

Never use +104 octane boost again. :x

It's good to have my car back, and thankfully it wasn't anything inside the motor that let go.
:)
matts13
OK Finally Past the Hazing
Posts: 1925
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: Woodstick

Post by matts13 »

as for some one that works you should have played dumb. they could have warrentyed them for high resistance.
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29036
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

Damn man... I'm glad it wasn't too bad!
:)

We had to use tons of that stuff on the AKA Rally... because there's only 91 octane out west.
User avatar
darkducati
Purple Drank
Posts: 2496
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: Setting the world on fire, one upshift at a time.

Post by darkducati »

matts13 wrote:as for some one that works you should have played dumb. they could have warrentyed them for high resistance.
Or called the resident Ford service advisor.
Beans and cornbread.
User avatar
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8581
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
Location: emergency surgery in the studio
Contact:

Post by CodyW »

he speaks the truth! RX8 (er....R34) is the man for ford service.

i don't know of anyone else in the history of ford service that has written up a service record for me in the name of Coco Mellons from Gnarltown, USA, and also written the service advisory for my minivan as "transmission failed mid-drift...please advise". lol.
User avatar
Inappropriate Chris
Past the Hazing
Posts: 1002
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:32 pm
Location: Peaking through the bushes

Post by Inappropriate Chris »

CodyW wrote:he speaks the truth! RX8 (er....R34) is the man for ford service.

i don't know of anyone else in the history of ford service that has written up a service record for me in the name of Coco Mellons from Gnarltown, USA, and also written the service advisory for my minivan as "transmission failed mid-drift...please advise". lol.

That is classic!!!! I LOVE it.
User avatar
down_shift
Muscle Milk
Posts: 11892
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 1:38 am
Location: Beverly Hills

Post by down_shift »

CodyW wrote:he speaks the truth! RX8 (er....R34) is the man for ford service.

i don't know of anyone else in the history of ford service that has written up a service record for me in the name of Coco Mellons from Gnarltown, USA, and also written the service advisory for my minivan as "transmission failed mid-drift...please advise". lol.
LOL
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
User avatar
Inappropriate Chris
Past the Hazing
Posts: 1002
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:32 pm
Location: Peaking through the bushes

Post by Inappropriate Chris »

hahahah at Byron..
User avatar
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5222
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:05 pm
Location: ATLANTA!!!!

Post by Cankles »

down_shift wrote:
CodyW wrote:he speaks the truth! RX8 (er....R34) is the man for ford service.

i don't know of anyone else in the history of ford service that has written up a service record for me in the name of Coco Mellons from Gnarltown, USA, and also written the service advisory for my minivan as "transmission failed mid-drift...please advise". lol.
LOL
ROFLCOPTER
DJones
Not Really Past the Hazing
Posts: 1297
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:13 am
Location: Lawrenceville, GA

Post by DJones »

StLCankles wrote:
down_shift wrote:
CodyW wrote:he speaks the truth! RX8 (er....R34) is the man for ford service.

i don't know of anyone else in the history of ford service that has written up a service record for me in the name of Coco Mellons from Gnarltown, USA, and also written the service advisory for my minivan as "transmission failed mid-drift...please advise". lol.
LOL
ROFLCOPTER
:lol:

I'll use the ford hookup on the next adventure.
User avatar
GTEAST
Clam Salesman
Posts: 646
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by GTEAST »

Sorry about your mis-fire adventure. I went to Barber this past weekend and put them all on "Blue Oval" advisory! No mis-fires, I love my car!!
matts13
OK Finally Past the Hazing
Posts: 1925
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: Woodstick

Post by matts13 »

so your car felt that good.
DJones
Not Really Past the Hazing
Posts: 1297
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:13 am
Location: Lawrenceville, GA

Post by DJones »

GTEAST wrote:Sorry about your mis-fire adventure. I went to Barber this past weekend and put them all on "Blue Oval" advisory! No mis-fires, I love my car!!
Nice!! I've always wanted to drive that track.

You were killing it at the last event.
User avatar
GTEAST
Clam Salesman
Posts: 646
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by GTEAST »

Yes, the car felt that good! I was/am amazed. We all need to go do some road course events, way to much fun. The Audi club events are fun because most drivers are not that fast, but the events are a little disorganized.
User avatar
GTEAST
Clam Salesman
Posts: 646
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by GTEAST »

I'm still trying to get to your level David, but it's getting closer!
Post Reply