trouble getting sideways
Moderators: andysapp, charlie, CodyW, darkducati
trouble getting sideways
i finally fixed the power steering leak on my nissan 300zx. there was formula drift yesterday in long beach, although i didn't get to see it, but i went today and they have the track setup till this weekend. most of it was blocked but me and my buddy still found a way in lol. so today i tried drifting on my stock 300zx. it's not turbo but it's still got a bit of power but it was hard to get sideways. i've heard people saying how the rear of the 300zx was heavy so it would be hard to get sideways, but people have drifted 300z's before so what would i need to do differently to be successful? thanks for any tips. (:
- icantdrift
- Salsa Rodeo
- Posts: 5987
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:03 pm
I wouldn't try drifting those streets even if I could get in - especially in a car I'm not familiar with. If you wreck, you could jeopardize FD running there... not to mention, prolly go to jail.
California has events on a basis more frequent than anywhere else in the country. Hit up some events. Drift Day, Just Drift, Drift Buffet, etc.
You'll learn more... especially with people there to help and instruct.

California has events on a basis more frequent than anywhere else in the country. Hit up some events. Drift Day, Just Drift, Drift Buffet, etc.
You'll learn more... especially with people there to help and instruct.
- down_shift
- Muscle Milk
- Posts: 11892
- Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 1:38 am
- Location: Beverly Hills
have to agree. go to a sanctioned event and talk to the on hand instructors about your driving.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
yeah, i've been to events but i never entered in them. i just watched. i know it's going to be more expensive to fix my car but right now i'm out of the job so this is my last resort. i'd love to go to events, but i guess i just have to wait
and formula d was the day before. it already ended when i went there. i try looking for events near me but they always end up happening at bad times when i can't go. i'm busy a lot of the days of the week so i can't just go when i feel like it. or they'll be pretty far. :/
- down_shift
- Muscle Milk
- Posts: 11892
- Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 1:38 am
- Location: Beverly Hills
when we say go to an event we mean enter an event. No its not cheap and its not always convient but thats the way it goes. you have to pay to play. I'm sure Formula D plans on being at long beach again next year so again don't go and jepordize that for them.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
- shawn shawn
- Hollasaurus Rex
- Posts: 6964
- Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:14 am
- Location: Bob Loblaw Lobs Law Bomb
I do see your point... but everyone I can think of on this site has attended numerous events. Not that I'm saying it would be right either way... I just think sneaking onto a course on the city streets of Long Beach, in a car that isn't set up, with little experience drifting is asking for trouble. The walls on that course do not forgive.
Check out Drift Day, JustDrift, and Drift Buffet. Depending on where you live in California, you can find events close to you on a regular basis. Trust me - it is the way to go.
Check out Drift Day, JustDrift, and Drift Buffet. Depending on where you live in California, you can find events close to you on a regular basis. Trust me - it is the way to go.
Right... but I guess my point is sneaking onto the Long Beach course and wrecking could be detrimental to Formula D. The probability of someone wrecking with little experience in a car that isn't set up is high there.
Whether or not other people would do the same in that situation is one thing (like I said... I do see your point)... the bottom line to me is... nobody should be out there at all.

Whether or not other people would do the same in that situation is one thing (like I said... I do see your point)... the bottom line to me is... nobody should be out there at all.




