Stunt Time.

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

andysapp
I need to go outside

Stunt Time.

Post by andysapp »

I got a call two nights ago from an old friend, who said they needed a stunt driver for a commercial shoot for Cartoon Network. They rented a Mustang for the shoot, but at the last minute, asked if I could bring the e46. Kieran up at Gran Turismo East got me set up with some tyres after work... and the rest of the night was INSANE.

They rented an entire parking deck downtown off Courtland, next to the Marriott. They sprayed it down with water, and I had to drift all over the place. They had an insane $120K+ RED HD camera, full crew, cops on site, etc. It was totally bonkers. I'm glad I brought the e46... because it would have been 110% dangerous, and nearly impossible in the automatic v6 Mustang they rented. I got to drift on-and-off for about 4 hours until 2am... and I got paid $500!

The commercial is supposed to start airing next week on CN to promote their new action flicks. I took some snaps with my point-and-shoot that I will try and post up here shortly. I'm still in awe that I was able to legally drift and do massive burnouts on the 5 stories up in a parking deck in the middle of the city... AND that I got paid to do it. SO awesome!

BTW... that RED camera is about the sickest image quality I've ever laid eyes on. No joke. The footage they shot is dick looking. As soon as I can find a cable here to pull the pics off my camera, I'll post'm up!
PmartyX
Purple Drank

Post by PmartyX »

Your new nickname is Tanner Foust
I am very safety driver!!!!!!!!!

"if you see team rowdy in anyone's sig, just don't even read the post. From my experience anything they've said to me was assholish and most of what i read is the same."
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

LOLOLOLOL.

Foxy Foust... meet Sexy Sapp.
BAAAHAHAH!
PmartyX
Purple Drank

Post by PmartyX »

BRILLIANT!!!!
I am very safety driver!!!!!!!!!

"if you see team rowdy in anyone's sig, just don't even read the post. From my experience anything they've said to me was assholish and most of what i read is the same."
shawn shawn
Hollasaurus Rex

Post by shawn shawn »

You are a paid stunt man...

that makes you a professional! :shock:
ImageImage

_team rowdy_
EVOsaiyanPrince
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by EVOsaiyanPrince »

ALL ATL POLICE have noted your vehicle for future street use.....

If you get caught driving on the street, you'll have to park the E46 in a parking deck and walk on the street. Then the cops will drive past you and pull a u-turn and yell your name on the PA. Then you will have to run down the block and have a green Eclipse pick you up and then do a jump through an intersection and then you will be attacked by a crotch-rocket gang with UZIs and then your will yell "NOS" and the car will blow up. However, your E46 is in a parking deck safe, so fu*k it... this is the life of a hustla..

The 2 best fighter jets for the greatest airforce in the world.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Man I wish I was home so I could snap screenshots of that shit. ^^
I just totally laughed out loud at work.

"BECAUSE THE BUSTER KEPT ME OUT OF HANDCUFFS."
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

i think i know who old friend is.........bastard still spose to be working on a section to add to a work of his art i bought a few years back.

if not him then nevermind.

seriously jealous. next time call me i will find sniper spot and film from next building over.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

cartoon network is awesome!
being a famous professional stunt driver is awesome!
i can't wait to see the vidja or pictars.
please believe
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

That's pretty fucking awesome actually that the money is going IN to your pocket for a night of drifting. This marks the beginning of the rest of your life Andy, and I'm so so proud of you. :lol:
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

That is the craziest part to me. That I made money. When the hell has that ever happened? Even when I won money at events... it was cool... but it cost about as much, and usually more to get to the event.

Hopefully more gigs like this will trickle down. It was a TON of fun. I will say that it adds a different element of pressure when there is a crew of people and expensive-ass cameras rolling... and you have to hit your mark. They were all depending on me to do it right every time... so it was kinda like hitting a clipping point - but different.

I'm trying to find a cable to upload this pixxx.
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Dr. Marlow »

i think we all need jobs at cartoon network
i wish i could draw
You've got the wrong answer
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Cankles »

totaly an awsome opporunity andy. congrats
kOOpA
Rock Smoke

Post by kOOpA »

super awesome, congrats!

i'd work at CN in a heartbeat, adult swim shit kills me.
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

color me jelous as hell :oops: