Page 1 of 2

my adventure across the country

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:49 am
by CodyW
quickly uploaded 300 pics from my entire journey going from here all the way out to nopi denver, and then LA. lots of the shots are just of hanging out/scenery and stuff, and didn't really take any at the LA nopi drift event, but check these out for now:

http://codywellons.com/photos/2007.07.0 ... index.html

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:48 am
by andysapp
YES YES YES!!!
Image

Dude Jake Phelps was there?!?
Image

I heart that In-N-Out. I have done burnouts in a certain yellow Ferrari in that parking lot.
:D
Image

Those pictures are rad, Cody. I think it is awesome that you guys can rock out across the country and share the madness together. I remember making that trek in '05 by myself... and it just isn't the same when you don't have friends there to say "holy sheeot... did you see that?!?".

Traveling across the country is one of the raddest things ever.

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:04 am
by Cankles
sweet pics cdoy. andy ya it blows to drive across the country all by yourself. when i moved out to la on the way there my cd player stopped working so i had no radio stations while i was in the mountains except for a TV station audio bleed over, and it was a golf tournament

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:44 am
by Greg
YESS!!!! Dog has teh sweetest mullet evar!!

Image


Killer Chihuahuas FTMFW

Image

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:47 am
by andysapp
StLCankles wrote:sweet pics cdoy. andy ya it blows to drive across the country all by yourself. when i moved out to la on the way there my cd player stopped working so i had no radio stations while i was in the mountains except for a TV station audio bleed over, and it was a golf tournament
OMG dude. That is hell right there. I would have gone insane without my iPod.

I dunno... it wasn't bad by any stretch. Making that trip by myself really kinda changed my life. I did a lot of growing up. But looking at Cody's pictures just makes me think how rad it has to be to do it all with a group of your best friends.

There is definitely something satisfying about looking at a map of the U.S. and saying... I've done that. I never ever thought this crazy sport would take me all the places it has. It's hella rad to see it is doing the same now for more of my friends.

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:48 am
by Greg
Golf tournament audio FTMFW

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:26 pm
by CodyW
yea, it was definately a crazy experience but overall it was an awesome time. and yea, getting to do it with a bunch of cool peeps made it even better.

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:00 pm
by Cankles
andysapp wrote:
StLCankles wrote:sweet pics cdoy. andy ya it blows to drive across the country all by yourself. when i moved out to la on the way there my cd player stopped working so i had no radio stations while i was in the mountains except for a TV station audio bleed over, and it was a golf tournament
OMG dude. That is hell right there. I would have gone insane without my iPod.

I dunno... it wasn't bad by any stretch. Making that trip by myself really kinda changed my life. I did a lot of growing up. But looking at Cody's pictures just makes me think how rad it has to be to do it all with a group of your best friends.

There is definitely something satisfying about looking at a map of the U.S. and saying... I've done that. I never ever thought this crazy sport would take me all the places it has. It's hella rad to see it is doing the same now for more of my friends.
i totaly agree, with you andy. the trip out there was so exciting, well except for the golf tourny. it really makes you think when its just you and the road and half a country to go. id say its one of the top 5 coolest things ive ever done. that whole trip and living in LA for a year really matured me. especially since it was right after i graduated from high school

and cody im jealous that you got to do it with a group of friends. i demand a killa ass dM road trip to some where hella cool and kinda far away!!!

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:00 pm
by P.Haire
CodyW wrote:yea, it was definately a crazy experience but overall it was an awesome time. and yea, getting to do it with a bunch of cool peeps made it even better.
i've never been to LA. road trip?

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:03 pm
by CodyW
i'm down again, just give me a few weeks to recover from this last one :).

p.s., posted an overly long blog on my myspace, if you're really bored check it out. decently summarizes the 2 weeks of chaos we had :).

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:53 pm
by slidewaysgolf
Waz the anime expo worth it?

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:08 pm
by shawn shawn
P.Haire wrote:
CodyW wrote:yea, it was definately a crazy experience but overall it was an awesome time. and yea, getting to do it with a bunch of cool peeps made it even better.
i've never been to LA. road trip?

HELL YES!!!

I havent been past Louisiana! WTF.

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:00 pm
by down_shift
I hear hondurus is nice this time of year.

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:37 pm
by P.Haire
after hearing a funny story. yancey is my hero.

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:02 pm
by CBR
P.Haire wrote:after hearing a funny story. yancey is my hero.
I thought I was your hero?


Cody... any pictures of actual drifting from this past weekend?