american iron (err.... aluminum)

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

Tracy wrote:lets go there tonight Erin :evil:

you can go... i have to work until 6 :(
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

andysapp wrote:Man it makes me nervous for you. Any chance Dan has an extra harness at the shop? Why can't Hinson get it done until next week?

makes me a little nervous as well. kinda scary to think i'll be driving the car hard for the FOERST time at the demo ;). unless i can find somewhere to play on friday since i have that day off, i might be on a steep learning curve.

i don't believe dan would have an LS1 harness laying around either. he can't get it done until maybe tomorrow and then shipping puts it back to me on tuesday if he ships it monday. then tues night for trying to connect it all and starting the car, praying to god nothing leaks or is wired wrong, and then drive drive drive to break in the clutch and make sure everything is kosher.

on top of this all i can't get a hold of him! damn this is some stressful shit, my eyes are about to pop out like this :shock:
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

finally got a hold of him... things are looking up a little bit. the harness should be shipped tomorrow VIA USPS so it should be delivered on saturday (hopefully). that gives me sunday to really dig in and get shit done and possibly running.

somehow i'm not going to get my hopes up, but it certainly would make life easier if he delivers this time.
sil80det
Fresh Meat

Post by sil80det »

Hopefully it will get in on Sat. If you need any hands this weekend let me know. I get off work early Friday and have Sat and Sun off. I'd be glad to help.
-Matt
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Good to hear... I'm gonna pray you get it on Saturday. I want everything to be running okay, and I want you to get to driver her before the demo.
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

If you need an extra pair of hands, Im open as well gimme a call this weekend if you need some help and I'll roll on down and help.
-Thanks,
Zach
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

Zachscar wrote:If you need an extra pair of hands, Im open as well gimme a call this weekend if you need some help and I'll roll on down and help.
-Thanks,
Zach
Ditto for me. Im off all day sunday. im no mechanic, but im def. down for lending a helping hand. And it won't cost me hardly any gas cause i'll be on the my ninja.
go fast or die
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

mail has come and gone... no fucking harness :evil: . i feel like tearing out his esophagus and beating him with it.
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

icantdrift wrote:mail has come and gone... no fucking harness :evil: . i feel like tearing out his esophagus and beating him with it.
now thats metal as hell!
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

icantdrift wrote:mail has come and gone... no fucking harness :evil: . i feel like tearing out his esophagus and beating him with it.
do it!
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

what the hell was i thinking trying to put a V8 into my car before nopi? really, why am i such a glutton for punishment with shit coming down to the wire?

today seemed to be going well, got a good start on the exhaust, relocating the swaybar mounts, and some other minor things and then decided to move on to finishing the clutch hydraulics. tried 30 times to attach the line (gm quick disconnect) to the slave and it's a no-go. it's too tight a fit to mess with it in the car, so out comes the motor yet again :( . it only takes me 10 minutes to prep the motor to come out, but i'm tired of doing it over and over dammit.

oh well, i wasn't happy with the trans alignment for the driveshaft so this gives me the opportunity i need to fix that. hopefully all of my final parts other than the exhaust bits will show up tomorrow and i can make this fucker roar to life.

here's a few pics for today
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

looking good! i hope you get done for nopi, i wanna see that monster tearing it up!!
please believe
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

Deffinate progress. Hope to see it this weekend.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

u should just take it out and put an errsurdewndy in it :lol:
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

another day come and gone, another day my goddamn harness hasn't shown up. to add to my bad luck, that fuck's shop is closed all week for some hot rod shit and they aren't answering calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK THIS SHIT!