Page 1 of 1

G4 TV anybody see the 1st 2 rounds

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:28 pm
by rotary_drift_dreams
sup guys jus wondering if anyone saw the episodes and what you guys thought.My opinion of it i was dissapointed cause they cut out allot of tandem and sudden death and they added in this cheezy crowd noise in the backround. Its allot more exciting being there live than on TV i was kinda bored.Maybe its just me so just wondering what yal thought.

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:39 pm
by down_shift
Haven't see it yet, its on a friends DVR waiting now. They only have time for like top 16 or 8 so yeah it gonna seem cut up.

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:39 pm
by CodyW
yea, i missed it tonight but hopefully i'll catch a re-run sometime soon

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:48 pm
by andysapp
I only know two people with G4. It sucks not being able to see any of the G4 coverage of the events. I don't know if the west coast has G4 all over, or what... but there doesn't seem to be hardly ANY G4 in Atlanta.

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:51 pm
by matts13
i am thinking maybe tues or wends night we can get together at my house and watch them if you guys want. let me know who is down and which day works better.

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:26 am
by darkducati
I watched the RA episode and wow does that show suck. The footage is bad with even worse editing. But the worst part is the comentators! They are horrible and they audio from the cars is so low you can't hear the engines most of the time. They are really missing the boat on this. There wil be lots of new viewers after "the movie" and most will probably flip to something else. I almost flipped too something else it was so bad.

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:07 pm
by rotary_drift_dreams
i know what u mean even thier camera angles were bad like for example when sam&ross battled in the 1st round when ross was following he was all over sam when it was live but when u saw it on TV. it made it look like he was way behind them.sorry i just gotta get this off my chest it just drives me nuts the way formula D runs things. like millen and hubinnet are worshiped like they are the greatest. I would love to see them run D1 for a season and watch them get thier asses handed to them,plus the judging is just as bad and they dont give the underdog drivers a chance and now im starting to realize with FD its all about the dolla dolla bill.sigh ok i feel better now lol

D1 is the shiznit !!!!!!!

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:07 pm
by shawn shawn
Yeah they made it way boring!! Commentators were terrible. No one more times were shown, they just showed the runs that favored the judges choice! I walked away a couple times and forgot it was on, thats how interesting they made it!!!

They should have dedicated an episode to driver bios instead of cutting out parts of the comp to show em!

Someone send G4 an option video now!!! :wink:

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:38 pm
by andysapp
I'm bummed they're no longer using the crazy camera rig. That thing made for the raddest shots.

I'm also bummed that like... nobody here gets G4.
Maybe I can drive that point home enough that someone will notice...
and get us G4.
:/

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:38 pm
by shawn shawn
dish network gets it.

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:28 pm
by rotary_drift_dreams
yeah dish and direct tv get it on the basic package but comcast i had to upgrade to get it now im paying 80 bucks for cable it sucks but i cant complain i love thier highspeed

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:18 pm
by down_shift
I'm gonna make matt let me watch it tonight.

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:09 pm
by andysapp
It wasn't getting good reviews on Drifting.com either.

Whatever cable package we have with Comcast definitely doesn't have it. If it's available on another package, I guess I'm SOL, since... [big shock]I'm too busy to watch TV[/bigshock]. It wouldn't be cost effective for me to double my cable bill to get one channel for one show.

I guess I can always wait until the DVD comes out at the end of the year.
:/

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:53 pm
by rotary_drift_dreams
yeah i hear that i even think 80 bucks for cable is too much i dont even have movie channels but im home 90% of the time i have no life thats what happens when u get married lol

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:49 pm
by P.Haire
dorimon wrote:Yeah they made it way boring!! Commentators were terrible.
Someone send G4 an option video now!!! :wink: