Page 1 of 2

The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:25 pm
by andysapp
Comments, thoughts, reviews?

I know there's a lot of hype surrounding whether or not drifting will wind up with a bad name after this movie is fully released... but aside from all of that, what did ya'll think?

I thought the movie was actually pretty damn good. Maybe I went into it thinking it would be bad... but I really enjoyed it. It was fun looking at the details and seeing familiar cars, friends cars, familiar faces, etc.

Were there some corny lines? Here and there yes... but not bad. I felt the plot took a twist I didn't quite want it to at the end, but it's my understanding that the director didn't have the amount of time he wanted to write the script - and to me, the stuff towards the end felt rushed, so it kinda makes sense.

Anyway... I don't want to reveal anything until movie is fully released, but there are definitely some nice surprises throughout the film.

Overall, I think the film is pretty rad, and can't wait to see it again on Friday!
:D

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:28 pm
by revel
friday. i can make it out friday.

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:40 pm
by Rhoad Racing
I surprisingly enjoyed it! IMO, its certainly worth the price of admission.


on a side note.... thank you again for coming out to SEDAs FF3 premier. It was awesome having all the teams, shops, and sliders from all over the city come together and enjoy a night out.
In particular.... Batlground, Andy Sapp, Tiger Racing, Cool Cat Racing, and Top Hat, etc.

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:45 pm
by CodyW
yea, i also thought it was quite good overall. as mentioned, a few cheesy parts here and there but i really enjoyed it for the most part.

hopefully we'll all be there again friday so those of you that missed tonight be sure to hit the big hollywood 24 then for a fun night.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:16 am
by down_shift
I agree with Andy, my low expectations made me appreciate the movie that much more. Deffinatley a good way to spend a 1:44. Thanks to SEDA for the hookup! I'm down to go again Friday.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:40 am
by Frosty_SPL
Yea i liked it alot!

I give it an 8.

I give the chick a 9.5

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:05 am
by andysapp
Frosty_SPL wrote:I give the chick a 9.5
Yeaaaah... I give her all ten.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:47 am
by shawn shawn
Yeah I agree w everything said (even about the girl :wink: )


Id definitely see it agian!

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:33 am
by kalifornia087
Yeah i thought it was going to be completely retarted...

I ended up thinking it was pretty cool!! Except the ending seemed rushed like crazy, and all the little kids with cell phones threw me off....

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:31 pm
by Zach
I have to agree with like everything said. I went in expecting the biggest piece of crap with the worst dialogue/plot, but came out surprised. I actually enjoyed the movie enough, to like you guys said, come out and see it again maybe. It's really not bad, especially like that the use of CG was only in the last scene really and that was only like half cg/half driving. Pretty cool stuff. Oh, and I concur the girl was a 10 :shock:

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:11 pm
by P.Haire
Rhoad Racing wrote:IIt was awesome having all the teams, shops, and sliders from all over the southeast come together and enjoy a night out.
:wink:

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:33 am
by Rhoad Racing
P.Haire wrote:
Rhoad Racing wrote:IIt was awesome having all the teams, shops, and sliders from all over the southeast come together and enjoy a night out.
:wink:
8) 8) :wink:

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:07 pm
by rotary_drift_dreams
since the movie is out now there will be a increase of civic's and integra's for sale in the auto trader lol

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:03 pm
by down_shift
ma face!

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:41 pm
by andysapp
Bwahahhahaha...


...



...



...



[entire theatre]BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!![/entire theatre]