bmw suspension

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

struka
Slippery When Westicles

bmw suspension

Post by struka »

so i am helping my brother in law in getting his E30 convertible running. what site is good other than ebay that has good prices on e30 suspension and other stuff. i looked a tsm and other ones but just trying to find the best prices for his springs.
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

just make s13 stuff fit and put a ls1 in it.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

sounds reasonable to me.
please believe
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

h&r cupkit for a good priced shock/spring combo.. rides good too.
Korey
Ripe Meat

Post by Korey »

If your going to have fun look into the following setups:
D2 Coilovers: http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/d2-racing/
Turner Motorsport's Jstock suspension-very stiff, really not good for a DD, but awesome on the track.
Or last but not least:
Ireland Engineering's Eibach stage 3's on Bilstein Sports:
http://www.bmw2002.com

If you want sway bars, IMO Suspension Technique's swaybars are the best, and can be found on http://www.Turnermotorsports.com
H&R cupkit's are too soft for a lot of track usage.

Oh yeah, I'm Korey by the way, and I'm a e30 owner.
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

Welcome to the insanity, and nice post, very informative 8)
gotundersteer?
Fresh Meat

Post by gotundersteer? »

From my experience:

Alot of BMW owners got with H & R Race Springs and Bilstein shocks. The two fastest BMW's I've been in had H & R Springs (one race, the other coilovers). One went with Bilstein shocks and the other Koni Yellows.

TMS Stuff is NOT cheap. I mean, just from taking a gander, their parts are usualy ridiculous. It is great stuff, but the price is definitely not right.

I would check out the Tire Rack and see what they have to offer. Going the corporate root will be cheaper than another setup from a smaller company.
2004 Pitch Black 5spd 2.0L(Z) ZX3: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Eibach Pro-Kit Dampers, H&R 24mm Rear Swaybar, Focus-Sport rear stress bar, MBRP Cat-Back, UK ST200 Mondeo Wheels w/ Kuhmo Ecsta 215/45/17's, (Victoracer 15'' track tires) Quantum Audio 12''/Quantum 800w Amp, Custom Ported Box, K&N Panel Filter, SVT Lip...
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

H&R, Billstein or TMS. I think Andy has the Billsteins on his car now.
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

BilsteinBilsteinBilsteinBilsteinBilsteinBilstein
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

GC8VI wrote:BilsteinBilsteinBilsteinBilsteinBilsteinBilstein
thats what he got....the sport ones and bav auto springs
Korey
Ripe Meat

Post by Korey »

Bilstein and Ireland Engineering Eibach stage 3's are the best bang for the buck. Very nice stiff setup for track/drift, but not to soft like the H&R cupkit.
I have suspension techniques swaybars (22mm in the front and 19mm in the rear) and I am still undecided on what shock/spring or coilover setup want. I'm also in the market for a nice LSD, but don't know ratio I want to go with.
hella 325
Ripe Meat

Post by hella 325 »

I have H&R race and bilsteins. I like the setup, its pretty stiff but not as stiff as jstock stuff. I dd my e30 but a rough ride doesnt bother me. I am really considering getting the jstock stuff. As for shocks I would prefer koni adjs. But bilsteins are much mroe affordable.

I think the best bang for your buck is Either the IE springs on H&R with some bilstein shocks.
Russell Klem
1987 325is
1992 240sx coupe
Korey
Ripe Meat

Post by Korey »

So would Bilstein race shocks be to aggressive for a DD/weekend drift car? Actually, what I should be asking is, what spring rate should I look for? Should I get a smaller sway bar in the front, larger in the rear? ( I currently have 22mm front, 19mm in the back. I'm not really worried how it feels as a DD (I.E. being to stiff), I'm more worried about finding the best handling susp. It's an '87 325 by the way, and it's around the 2500-2600lb mark. I've ditched the AC, washer fluid system, and a shitload of tar. I've done the plastic bumper conversion, taken care of all the maint. and I just turned 190,000 miles. Falken Ziex came last week and I need to have those mounted. Now I'm just trying to figure out which susp. to go with. I'm also welding the diff in my autotech class. :twisted:
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Korey
Korey
Ripe Meat

Post by Korey »

Bilstein FTW?
Korey
Ripe Meat

Post by Korey »

Could J-stocks work for drifting or toooo stiff? They about 600 lb front and 900/1000 lb spring rate in the back.