Page 1 of 2

Gran Turismo East, to anyone who isn't aware...

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:43 pm
by charlie
IS FARKING AMAZING!!

Just thought I'd share about my experience with them this morning.

FOERST off, the price was right where I wanted it. It's was even cheaper than Kauffman except these guys know exactly WTF is up. The best part was how nice everyone was, joking the whole time. What's that cat's name? Kieren or something? He was awesome. I wish I could remember the alignment guy's name too but I'm not sure he ever told me. I knew I was in the right place when I saw a high end automobile "concierge service" bring a 600 Benzo up and drop it off to get it aligned.

As for the car, it rides PERFECT now. I haven't been able to enjoy my FLEX's yet because driving the car was such a god damn chore. The steering was cocked 5 degrees to the right, and the car pulled to the left real bad. I had to constantly fight it. I know that these are all issues that any shop can fix with an alignment but a lot of tire places baulk when you show up with anything other than a stock suspension saying shit like "well all we can do is try to get it close since you gawt that thang lowered an'all, but we can't promise it won't eet cher tayers." He got the height perfect (13.75") and the camber issues are straightened out in the front. (He wasn't afraid to play with the camber plates) Btw, the Carbotech brake pads KICK ASS so far. I was told to take it easy on them for the FOERST 100 miles but the FOERST time I tapped them, I could tell a huge difference. The car also looks sooo much better now with the larger tires so thank you Greg for the help in deciding. And thank you Tyler and Andy for suggesting GTE.

But here's a question for you guys if you don't mind. The camber in the rear was out a little bit and without grinding the holes on the coilovers, there wasn't really a way to adjust them. He assured me that it's not that bad and won't really wear the tires but I'd still like to get it perfect. So what's the difference between the ...

$220 Cusco Rear Adjustable Pillow Ball Mounts

Image

and the $30-$40 Rear Camber Bolt kits like Eibach and H&R makes?

ImageImage

I know that the Cuscos are nice, but are they really necessary if I just want to fix the camber? Or are the camber bolts more like a shortcut???


So anyway, I'm always one to give props and help support a good vendor by spreading the word, so I wanted to post my own experience. I was sure Andy went there for a reason, and now I know why. Peas.

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:53 pm
by Guhgtard
I'm using the H&R rear camber bolts. they don't offer much alignment adjustablity, maybe 2 degrees each way, but that's the cheaper route.

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:27 pm
by gotundersteer?
I'm gonna go there soon, finally a good place for an alignment. My rear has negative camber like a bitch.

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:35 pm
by andysapp
YES!!! GTE is the BEST!!! I love those guys. They are awesome. There really isn't another shop like Gran Turismo East. GTE > * I'm stoked you had a good experience there. They RULE!!!

I would prolly go with the camber plates for max adjustability... even though they are more expensive.

I can't wait to see the car now... I bet she's mean as hell looking!!!
:D

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:55 pm
by icantdrift
GTE is the shizzle, no doubt about it. i sooooooooo need to get my ass down there for an alignment and new tires :D .

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:01 am
by CodyW
werd, those guys keep it real.

and yea, i need tires and an alignment too. i need new tie rod ends FOERST though so i can put my fancy new JIC inners to use :).

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:08 am
by charlie
uh oh. did a little reading and apparently some people are having trouble mating up Flex's with aftermarket camber plates. apparently the top of the tein has a weird setup. i dunno. either way, if i can just get 1.5 degrees out of the camber bolts i'll be happy. holy shit, i'm still at work finishing up!

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:09 am
by Guhgtard

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:23 pm
by DriftWood
good info.

where does a guy introduce himself around here?

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:35 pm
by POOPscandal
right here! welcome!

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:13 pm
by revel
charlie-if you are interested in camber plates, try the PDEs. have seen those on tein coilover setups many times.

driftwood-nice walleye. welcome to the uh forum.

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:33 pm
by Kronus
DriftWood wrote:good info.

where does a guy introduce himself around here?
This works. Welcome mate.

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:17 pm
by Zach
Yeah, like everyone else said, this is a good place to start :D Welcome to the madness :twisted:
Image
-Zach

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:13 pm
by Zach
I just went there today to get a couple of tires for the rear, and the service was definately outstanding. All of the people there were extremely friendly and cool. I plan on going back at any point when I need tires again, definately good people to work with.
-Zach

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:32 pm
by Rhoad Racing