Page 1 of 2

Interested in a "Detroit Locker" for your 240?

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:31 pm
by Rhoad Racing
Would you be interested in purchasing a Detroit Locker still Diff if a company was to make one? The cost is undertemined, but would be less than $800. You would get the performance of a welded diff (it won't be welded obviously) yet still be able to drive it safely on the street. A switch would be located inside the cab of the vehicle which will be used to unlock and lock the diff as needed.

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:52 pm
by andysapp
I've heard mixed things about them. I would say go for a KAAZ or a Cusco. I feel like I learned the hard way with my diff... that there is no cheap way around it. BUT... it was the BEST mod I have made to my car... hands down.

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:00 pm
by SteppinOut
I would vote Kaaz 2-way... of course, not for daily use...

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:04 pm
by POOPscandal
why not for daily use? chattering diffs are fun. kaaz 2 way was the plan for my 240, but yeah.

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:09 pm
by andysapp
My KAAZ stopped chattering so much after the rebuild from diffsonline.com. :( I miss it.

Please come back chatter. We were pals. I could always tell when you were hard at work. I miss the conversations we once had. You know... the chit-chatter?

Seriously though... if I had to start my car over again from scratch... the KAAZ would be the FOERST thing done.

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:10 pm
by SteppinOut
So you're still running Kaaz? I used to have a supervisor from Haiti who said chitty-chatty.. ha.

EDIT: But yeah?? What happened?

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:28 pm
by icantdrift
do you mean like an air-locker or electronic locker?

i think i'd stick with what's proven to hold up. from what i've seen the lockers are ok for 4x4 stuff but not really in high speed/performance setups.

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:35 pm
by andysapp
I think those are electronic... but don't quote me on that.

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:40 pm
by andysapp
SteppinOut wrote:What happened?
To my diff? Holy whoa that be a loooong story.
viewtopic.php?t=1020&start=0

Yes I'm still running the KAAZ, and she'll still chatter on occasion and whisper sweet nothings into my ear and make me happy. She is sweet.

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:55 pm
by CodyW
Nah, 2 ways on the street are tight :).

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:58 pm
by SteppinOut
I stand out voted. Maybe I am just too much of a puss to tolerate it. I've been over-sensitized to noises (other than turbo spooling, an occasional blow-off, and exhaust) thanks to the Volvo. Oh well. :lol:

EDIT: OR maybe I am just unschooled. D*mn female raising.

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:59 pm
by SteppinOut
Perhaps.. What happend to the panda's kaaz 2-way??

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:21 pm
by SteppinOut
Holy balls. I actually read the whole thread. That must've sucked so bad. I am assuming everything is A OK now?? How long did the whole schmeghegy take??

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:17 pm
by POOPscandal
SteppinOut wrote:Perhaps.. What happend to the panda's kaaz 2-way??
my car met its demise before i could order it. :(

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:56 am
by down_shift
I think those are electronic... but don't quote me on that.
but don't quote me on that.
don't quote me
quote me
Andy Sapp said so!