ok so i decided to keep her...but help

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

Prince Nismo
Imitation Crab Meat

ok so i decided to keep her...but help

Post by Prince Nismo »

ok kids well i think i finally made up my mind... i'm going to keep the car... after she gets a new hood...paint.... and here is the fun part... i need you the dM's to help a kid with no clue what to do.... so here is the fun part.... here's is the opjective if you so chose accept... the JM organization of driftoligy will dis-avow any knowledge of your drift-abouts if you fail... tell jm what to do with $3000.

smart ass answers are allowed but only with discretion! this must include suspension... couple of engine mods.... (more power is always better).... upgraded reliablity....any cool accessories... and wheels! do team dM do you best and make me proud.....
Drift long
Shift Short
Boost High
Ride low

12 psi a day keeps the honda away!
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

paint it something glittery.
MTRLevolution
Get Some

Post by MTRLevolution »

glitter!!!
slidewaysgolf
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by slidewaysgolf »

Yes that glitter would own, maby even pink with glitter lol that would be the radest thing eva.
turbofb
Clam Salesman

Post by turbofb »

R-do the cooling system w/ a ron davis radiator.
POOPscandal
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by POOPscandal »

UPS brown with bass boat metal flake would be that mad hawtness
Superb Tough Highest Performer Driven to Lifestyles Unimaginable
:domo: :domo: :domo:PHOTOBLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:NEW EXCITING BLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:
"thanks man, I didn't do it, but I'm a fan of apple penis" - <3 internet
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

convert to FWD. then paint it drippy blood red over glittery pink. throw on some rims painted rustoleum gold chrome....and of course strobe headlights. then boom.....instant pro drifter.
Prince Nismo
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Prince Nismo »

hmmm all very good suggestions..... however, i do believe that i was going to go somewhere along the lines... of well HELLO KITTY pink with a hint of Signal old school blue... ya know the whole top on color bottom the other thing. as for rims i was considering 22's cause i mean honestly you can' lose with 22's! and well after a bunch of debating i've decided that LWD is the best option for my car... thats right L! as in left.... only the left wheels will be driven. it's be rumored that only the radest of rad in J-land do this because of the suicidal affects on da touge! but hey if i can't be driftacular i'll be togue-tastic!

ps: any real suggestion?
Drift long
Shift Short
Boost High
Ride low

djdorifto
Clam Salesman

Post by djdorifto »

Paint, maybe that dark grey on the 350z... Or super Cosmo Black. Rims.. eh, if you don't want to go 5lug, then maybe DT-05 or a nice Advan Wheels, 3 spoke. Coilovers? Hmm, good stuff from Megan Racing, Heigh and dampers for 850 or KTS from splparts... very awesome coilovers. Power mods? Ehh, don't know, not big on power, but bigger turbo won't hurt hehe.
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

what kinda car is it again?

for paint i say- go with a nice dark grey with a pearlescent orange-so that when the light hits the car it shines orange, but otherwise looks dark grey.

for suspension-big rear sway bar. i am big tein fan so tein drift spec coilovers. rims??????? something cheap so you can get more than one set with tires too.

for power-I/H/C/E just the basics but should get some kick from them. turbo upgrade is a good idea as dorifto stated.

would imagine the paint to be the most expensive, and since it would be drift i say satin grey from a can with a clearcoat. very cheap paint job leaves more money for where it would be needed most=suspension and power.
Prince Nismo
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Prince Nismo »

well i have a:
HKS Power flow mushroom filter
Mines ECU
3" straight pipe
GReddy Profec B-spec II

as far as paint i don't know of any place that will do a good job and not take 3 weeks! if someone knows of someone who could do it in like a week max! for less than 800. then rock on! the turbo i think is going to be T3/T4, external waste gate, Tial probably, BOV.... i still haven't decided on that, still awaiting a good idea. S-AFC II. and a turbo timer. o yeah and a new radiator.

RIMS: something cheap your right... but i need something wide. at least by 9 so if someone knows a good 8,9 combo let a brotha know.

Suspension: sway bars, i was thinking tein flex personally. don't know why i guess always heard good things about them. a front strut and possibly a rear. don't know never heard anything if they work or anything like that.

i'm shooting for the 330 HP range something like that. hoping my goals aren't over set. mean that i don't have to do any internal work. i originally was going to TT it. but i could never find the manifolds and i heard the gains were not warranting the cost. COOL but not worth it.

if i missed anything vital or anyone has any feedback please tell me. it's always appreciated.
Drift long
Shift Short
Boost High
Ride low

CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

are tire flys on that list? you'll need some of those too (i have a dyno-proven 37hp increase with mine).
Prince Nismo
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Prince Nismo »

does it matter what color? cause i'm kinda partial to lie-urple!
Drift long
Shift Short
Boost High
Ride low

AE111
Ripe Meat

Post by AE111 »

The local Toyota dealer here will do a complete two-stage in-and-out paintjob for $599, yup, that's $599. They'll take out the whole interior from the firewall back (dash, headliner, door panels, trunk panels, EVERYTHING), and paint the whole shebang. Your choice of any DuPont paint they can mix. Automated paint mixer, ovens and painters, yup NO HUMAN FACTOR to mess up the job! One full month, includes scraping all your old paint off and smoothing out the body, all dents and dings taken care of. Complimentary polish and wax job after the clear coat is dry.

I did the AE in Toyota Altis Black, and they even threw in a repaint of the stock rims in Toyota Vios Silver. Turned out quite well, I'll take some pics and post 'em up soon.

Shipping might be a bitch tho'! ;)
RHD AE111 Corolla
"RHD does not JDM make..."
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

man, that sonds pretty good! maybe i'll disassemble my car and put it on the JDM rowboat for shiz to take down there :).