Page 6 of 9

Re: No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:51 am
by P.Haire
those rx7s don't happen to have working power window switches in them do they?

Re: No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:41 pm
by FooSchnickens
mikespeed95 wrote:Not much new to report, been working on a bunch of other crap.

But other crap yeilds income, which yeilds this

Image

Odered it today. Win.
Do they make one that throws sparks and plays dixie at the same time whenever you pull the trigger?

Re: No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:28 am
by mikespeed95
I've never had a battery in the RX7 to try.

If they had a gun that did that, I'd buy it.


If you're still reading this you're probably thinking a couple things:

- Mike is all over the place
- Mike is never going to get anything done

Probably accurate.

So two days ago my friend Jonathan showed me a Camaro he found while looking for his own project. Derrick was offered an e36 project to build for our friend Aaron for the upcoming Fabricated Motorsports 2011 Texas Drifting Series, both were in Dallas, and I have a two-car trailer.

So at 5am Sunday I got home. Got back to the shop around 3pm and this is what we got.

Image

Image

The guy I picked this Camaro up from was a ultra-nice guy. Check this out, he bought it to build for is SON IN LAW. Talk about awesome.

Story on the car was a friend of his located it after a local owner of a salvage yard died in Nowhereville, West Texas, an estate sale was had, and this Camaro was supposedly in a building he had for projects that were his own, and it just sat for about 20 years. It honestly has no rust on it. The guy told me over the phone that the 1st person who actually saw the car would buy it, and he was 100% honest. There is a little bit of bondo in some random places but the car is super solid. Its also a 70 so has the lower floorpans on the rear seat.

This will get me by since the other Camaro is tied up with the BS the sandblasting place tried to pull, so now I can just take them to court and use the legal system to give them the running into the ground they deserve on my time, since I'm in no hurry to get the Camaro back from them now.

Basically its like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhahJVkehUc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyways, heres the gameplan. Found out I'm super lucky and get to go to SEMA this year, as well as XDC Phoenix. So I'm going to attempt to do these things before SEMA.

-Finish the new LS1 S13 suspension, and fabrication, and attach all body parts to where it just needs a cage, and drivetrain. Push outside, install car cover.

-Strip parts off of Rx7 I picked up for donor engines for the Brat, then sell.

Post SEMA:
- Get Camaro to status of just needing a drivetrain and rollcage
- Build engine that runs on both rotors for the Brat


Want to get all this done by December, then I'll go from there depending on how much work I can do to earn some money between now and then. We've also got an e36 LS1 project for the 2011 Texas Series, and some other new stuff that will be popping up. My friend Jonathan also FINALLY got a project car, went with him tonight and we picked up an 85 mustang GT that is now chillin at the shop, gonna help him build that up, which I'm also excited about because I've always wanted to play with building up a Fox, and he is pretty excited about doing it. Plus its always fun to help one your friends get into cars.

On a side note, my new trailer tows AWESOME with the gooseneck and 3 axles.


So if you're still reading, heres what you're probably thinking now

-Mike is really all over the place
-Mike is never going to finish anything
-Don't mess with Texas.

Re: No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:43 pm
by andysapp
Holy shit!!!

Re: No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:26 am
by mikespeed95
So today got some stuff done. Was so excited about National Taco Day we ordered a party pack at Taco Bell. Then we ordered a second one. Was a good lunch.

Had a pretty fun day at the shop. Won a game of checkers earlier, and later my freind Mark came to hang out and we hooked up the NES and put the dart board up, so now when I don't feel like doing anything constructive, I can play NES.


Image

Image


I actually did get some car related stuff done today though.

Image

That is bolted in. Win!! Gotta go to Fastenal tomorrow and get some 3'' washers for it though to put on both sides the floorboards, but the holes are now there and for once in my life I actually used a marker and a tape measure, so I only had to overbore the holes to 1/2'' for a 5/16'' fastener. These used to be mockup seats, but to show how much I really care about this car, those are the seats I'll be using.

And to give an idea of how low they sit with all that stupid floorboard mofiication:

Image

Win.

Sanded the dash down, its almost where I want it.

Image

Added a liiiiiiiiiiiiitle bit more to fill in a couple small holes and rough spots, should be done tomorrow. Then i just gotta get some sheetmetal, and start going nuts with it.

Image











Tomorrow I will play Duck Hunt. Might work on cars.


I also saw this walking down the street, seems like a cool guy.

Image

Re: No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:50 pm
by andysapp
DUCK HUNT!!!

Re: No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:52 pm
by down_shift
Image

Re: No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:02 am
by shawn shawn
Cut a vent in the hood in the shape of Texas.

Re: No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:36 am
by blink182house
shawn shawn wrote:Cut a vent in the hood in the shape of Texas.

Re: No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:37 am
by mikespeed95
Image

Did that for a couple hours today, so heres the progress pics for today.

Image

Image

Made a time lapse album here that I just update every day I actually work on it. Kinda neat-o.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... f1112456da" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:20 am
by andysapp
Looking good bud!

Re: No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:05 am
by mikespeed95
Keep taking pics at the same angle, got a crappy time lapse going on, will be cool when car is done
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... f1112456da" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Crappy white paint, works fine, reflects some light, I am happy.
Image

I'm just doing the inside/interior white, outside will be blue but thats a ways away. Painting the cage and some stuff red, so I wanted to go ahead and paint the white so I could get everything while it was able to be gotten to.

Image

Image

Image

Re: No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:50 am
by andysapp
Damn! That looks super-clean!
:D

Re: No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:38 am
by Pittsy
I get so excited when I see that there has been an update to this thread.

Loving the progress so far.

Re: No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:20 am
by blink182house
having cut so much out of the rear quarters, does that not effect overall structure? and if so how are you going to compensate? just curious for when I do overs, cause that seems like it could make maintenance much easier with that much of the quarter removed.

also whats the chrome rim you have beside the pass. rear? i just got new wheels and hadnt seen anyone with them yet on s13, yours look similiar haha!

lookin good for sure!