Page 5 of 7

Re: Southeast Drift Challenge 2 Atlanta, GA 9.12-13.09

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:03 am
by CodyW
Awesome! I saw a bunch of big outdoor tents being put up yesterday, I guess that's what it's for.

Re: Southeast Drift Challenge 2 Atlanta, GA 9.12-1

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:43 pm
by PmartyX
down_shift wrote:lol this is going to be awesome. bbq and driftings. I hope we don't put to much tire particulate in their special sauce.

http://www.atlantabbqfestival.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why? That's what Sonja puts in hers. And she starts the grill with C16.

Re: Southeast Drift Challenge 2 Atlanta, GA 9.12-1

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:57 pm
by collink
martymartymarty.net wrote:
down_shift wrote:lol this is going to be awesome. bbq and driftings. I hope we don't put to much tire particulate in their special sauce.

http://www.atlantabbqfestival.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why? That's what Sonja puts in hers. And she starts the grill with C16.
Sounds like I missed a damn good BBQ

Re: Southeast Drift Challenge 2 Atlanta, GA 9.12-1

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:03 pm
by down_shift
Drivers,

Please make sure your cars are all properly fueled and tanks full before coming to the event this weekend. The City of Atlanta is not allowing us to have any fuel on site what so ever at the event or future events at Turner field. Any driver with fuel or seen with fuel by the City of Atlanta will recieve a citation by an officer.

This weekend and this weekend only for our SEDC2 event we have been pushed out of our normal spectator parking do to a 1st Annual BBQ event the Braves/City of Atlanta is hosting at Turner Field. They have designated 3 lots for our spectators. "THE SILVER LOTs" will be free parking for our spectators and anyone at Turner for SEDC2. The distance is further but its free. Turner Field is charging $10 dollars for the normal front parkings lots across the street that we normally use, so if your friends/family want to park closer they would need to pay Turner Field $10 to park.

Make sure to let everyone know. We will have a sign direction SED spectator parking.

Thanks
Marcos Ruiz

Re: Southeast Drift Challenge 2 Atlanta, GA 9.12-13.09

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:05 pm
by andysapp
:stressed:

[not shooting the messenger]
That is hella frustrating for people that can't fill up down the street at BP. Also... it encourages people with non street-legal cars to try and make a run for the gas station. Did they think that the 'designated fueling area' was that much of a risk?
[/not shooting the messenger]

Re: Southeast Drift Challenge 2 Atlanta, GA 9.12-1

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:17 pm
by down_shift
[personally offended]
hey I didn't make the rules!
[still personally offended]

I dont think anyone really thinks that there is a risk. I think this and the refueling area were just ways to try and compromise with some people. I can only assume that this mandate will also affect the local SCCA solo guys.

Re: Southeast Drift Challenge 2 Atlanta, GA 9.12-13.09

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:34 pm
by Pittsy
That's bullshit. The local SCCA has been holding events there, without major incident, for DECADES.
































Street drifting FTW.

Re: Southeast Drift Challenge 2 Atlanta, GA 9.12-1

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:38 pm
by andysapp
down_shift wrote:[personally offended]
hey I didn't make the rules!
[still personally offended]

I dont think anyone really thinks that there is a risk. I think this and the refueling area were just ways to try and compromise with some people. I can only assume that this mandate will also affect the local SCCA solo guys.
Ok. (dismissive)
;)

Re: Southeast Drift Challenge 2 Atlanta, GA 9.12-1

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:55 pm
by down_shift
Free parking will be in the Silver lots. They're supposedly about .5 miles away from the Blue lot. Parking in the Orange/Gold lot will be $10.

Image

Re: Southeast Drift Challenge 2 Atlanta, GA 9.12-13.09

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:43 pm
by Treefish
Image

Re: Southeast Drift Challenge 2 Atlanta, GA 9.12-13.09

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:58 pm
by Generz
Treefish wrote:Image
Done.. I plan to get some BBQ sauce on my quarter panel anyways.

Re: Southeast Drift Challenge 2 Atlanta, GA 9.12-13.09

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:12 am
by charlie
holy fuck alex just flippded my giggle box.

then again i'm on my third scotch so it can't be that hard.

Re: Southeast Drift Challenge 2 Atlanta, GA 9.12-13.09

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:03 am
by struka
lolz, you just flipped my giggle box and i didnt have anything to drink!!!! BUT...i did just wake up.

Re: Southeast Drift Challenge 2 Atlanta, GA 9.12-13.09

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:11 am
by CodyW
Go a few blocks east and swing by my house during the run, Skyy can be the style judge from the yard.

Re: Southeast Drift Challenge 2 Atlanta, GA 9.12-1

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:10 pm
by down_shift
skyy has a yard now!?