Page 5 of 68
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:08 pm
by andysapp
CodyW wrote:now i'm all inspired to try to make one of these for the 14, but i'm not sure quite how many pics i have along the way. i'll check on my old comp. when i get home though, could be a fun project.
Dude you have enough pictures to rock a rad thread. Even if they aren't detailed "build pics"... it's still rad to see the progression, and you've got TONS!
This thread did take me way too long, lol. Definitely worth it, though!
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:09 pm
by andysapp
GC8VI wrote:crazy seeing the past couple years of progress in only 3 pages
I know man! You need to make a thread of the GC!!!
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:10 pm
by andysapp
quazar311 wrote:full loaded 4 passenger drift FTW.
That was an awesome day for sure!

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:13 pm
by andysapp
vrt eggroll wrote:Welcome to 2003 BITCH!

HOLY SHEEOT! Man that takes me back. That picture was before where this build thread started. I was running open diff back then... and made top 8 for the ams! I was so stoked. That was the 1st drift event I traveled to by myself. The drift bug bit me the hardest after RS*R.
That was also where I ran into Patrick, Struka, and DANGER Dan for the 2nd time. That was such a rad event.

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:14 pm
by shawn shawn
^^^^
bwahahhaha!!!!1
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:15 pm
by andysapp
P.Haire wrote:i was there for that!!!!!
That was so crazy. I was like... who are these guys doing JDM poses. Then it hit me... HIN ATL 03, and I was so surprised!

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:16 pm
by andysapp
shawn shawn wrote:I remember andy with tires in trash bags and stuff. lol.
I held out on keeping the car a nice euro foreeeever. Once the drift damage started to pile up, it was over from there... hahahhaa.

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:46 pm
by VRT nenders
I think its funny that we were all there for RSR ,but I have yet to meet you guys. I think? I pretty much just hung out with ClubFR back then. Funny shit......it was the FOERST event i busted out the rhd.
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:09 pm
by Generz
andysapp wrote:shawn shawn wrote:I remember andy with tires in trash bags and stuff. lol.
I held out on keeping the car a nice euro foreeeever. Once the drift damage started to pile up, it was over from there... hahahhaa.

The damage began with the destruction of the banner stand at the DG event.. then it was on.
maximum mayhem ensued.
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:15 pm
by Midtenn
I was there in 2003 RS*R! I was working the event for Drift Day. Though I missed the competition when I got stuck working the practice course most of the afternoon....
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:17 pm
by Dangerous Drifter Dan
andysapp wrote:vrt eggroll wrote:Welcome to 2003 BITCH!
That was also where I ran into Patrick, Struka, and DANGER Dan for the 2nd time. That was such a rad event.

Its Dangerous Dan sucka!
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:51 pm
by Cankles
andysapp wrote:quazar311 wrote:full loaded 4 passenger drift FTW.
That was an awesome day for sure!

hahahahahahaahahaha
reminds me when we tried to take my buddy nates (was at nationals with me red hair, even redder face) wrx out for MM with 5 people in there, but that didnt turn out so well!!!
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:24 am
by andysapp
vrt eggroll wrote:I think its funny that we were all there for RSR ,but I have yet to meet you guys. I think? I pretty much just hung out with ClubFR back then. Funny shit......it was the FOERST event i busted out the rhd.
That is pretty wild. I didn't really know any of those guys back then. Man... to think I loaded the BMW up with tyres, drove to Joliet, drifted my heart out, packed the tyres back up, and drove home... it just seems crazy now!
Going to that event by myself was a major factor in me jumping to FD. I thought if I could travel out of state solo... I could definitely do FD, because if it came down to it - I'd roll solo - which I ended up doing to Irwindale.

Random helicopter at my hotel in Joliet.

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:33 am
by andysapp
Now that I think about it... I think that event sparked my FOERST really rad video as well.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="
http://www.youtube.com/v/rZYzz5NPLN4&re ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
http://www.youtube.com/v/rZYzz5NPLN4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:56 am
by andysapp
quazar311 wrote:The damage began with the destruction of the banner stand at the DG event.. then it was on.
maximum mayhem ensued.
Hahaha... I was so pissed that day. Erik said "you gonna buy me a new banner stand?". I said "you gonna buy me a new quarter panel?"
Stupid banner stand.
Hahaha.
I still sport that scar...
