Page 3 of 13

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:11 am
by Dangerous Drifter Dan
flat white!!!

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:44 am
by Greg
Dangerous Drifter Dan wrote:flat white!!!
don't touch the shitty faded molded paint!!

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:20 pm
by Lightning
The white paint is going to be the FOERST to go....at the car wash/powerwasher. It'll probably peel off anyway.


random thought:


The thought is....4 seats. (hell, the car's big enough) I'm gonna get the Kirkey seats since they're the cheapest ones I can find, and I sat in them at the Summit wharehouse and liked the feel of them too. Soo.....4 Kirkey seats, and harnesses for all.


once I get better, I'd like to get 3 passengers in the car instead of just one.

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:24 pm
by Greg
I still have a big boy Kirkey that I had in my miata for track days, I loved the feel of it, it held me tight like a warm hug, not comfortable for driving around town.

matt has one in his S13, I think he likes it too.

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:28 pm
by Lightning
Greg wrote:I still have a big boy Kirkey that I had in my miata for track days, I loved the feel of it, it held me tight like a warm hug, not comfortable for driving around town.

matt has one in his S13, I think he likes it too.

yeah, I saw them in Matt's car.


what size is the seat? I'd like to be able to have anybody ride with me once that time comes.

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:00 pm
by down_shift
I hate matt's kirkey because it is the perfectly wrong size for me.

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:52 pm
by P.Haire
it's like a gentle hug from a robot to me.

Re: Flying Brick II...now weighed.

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:59 pm
by Lightning
well, I went and got the car weighed. My buddy who won the Cobra let me borrow his truck to get it to the weigh station

Image
Image
Image

That's with a 1/4 tank of gas, no driver, and only the donut spare and the scissor jack in the car.


59.6% Front / 40.4% Rear on the weight distribution. It can only get better from here. There's a lot of stuff to get rid of up front.

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:13 pm
by andysapp
I didn't know you could roll up to one of those and get weighed. That's rad.

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:15 pm
by Lightning
andysapp wrote:I didn't know you could roll up to one of those and get weighed. That's rad.
yep, just be prepared to cough up 8-9 dollars though.



about it's weight, I was expecting it to be heavier actually. I should be able to get it down to 3400-ish before things start getting replaced.


we weighed the GT500 too, it was about 3950 and 57%/43%

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:55 pm
by Lightning
ooo.....a new Carb.....err....EFI.....what?

Image

http://www.professional-products.com/EFI_3.php


There goes my main gripe at how EFI doesnt look like a Carb....

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:57 pm
by Lightning
my Uncle was checking the car over some, was checking a brake line...and noticed a crack in the spindle.


so....These are now in the mail heading to where the car is.

twice as strong as the old ones, already predrilled for Wilwood calipers, but can also accept my stock brakes too.

Image

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:14 pm
by Greg
this will be drifting before martymartymarty.net's 13.

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:09 pm
by struka
lolz

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:30 pm
by Lightning
I has spindles now, I forgot my camera in the truck so I can't upload them right now.