Hey Mates

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: andysapp, charlie, CodyW, darkducati

User avatar
Kronus
Imitation Crab Meat
Posts: 566
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:57 am
Location: Blood, sweat, and gears.

Post by Kronus »

When is everybody free? Post up!
Image
"Yes." - Mika Hakkinen
User avatar
darkducati
Purple Drank
Posts: 2496
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: Setting the world on fire, one upshift at a time.

Post by darkducati »

Mark and I are planning on doing a weekend up there in a couple of weeks. Head out Sat morning through Sun afternoon. If anyone is game post away and we can all meet up. If you're interested in staying for the weekend the Tapoco lodge has two bed cabin rooms for $89 a night. And it's three miles from the gap.
Forgive me if I missed it but have you done anything to your Buell? Pipe etc. Just curious.
Beans and cornbread.
User avatar
Kronus
Imitation Crab Meat
Posts: 566
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:57 am
Location: Blood, sweat, and gears.

Post by Kronus »

I may be able to make that. I prefer to camp by the Cherohala Skyway though.

I've taken this approach. I know quite a few people add a D&D, a Drummer, the race kit, or a TiForce system-as well as a K&N, etc. I'd like to extract as much performance as I possibly can as a rider before I change the bike. Its worked rather well for me. I only upgrade parts when they fail on the bike-Such as the bar ends. What I have done is dialed in the suspension perfectly and desnorkeled the airbox. Which tires do you run on yours?
Image
"Yes." - Mika Hakkinen
User avatar
darkducati
Purple Drank
Posts: 2496
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: Setting the world on fire, one upshift at a time.

Post by darkducati »

Pirelli Scorpion Syncs. I'm still working on the suspension. What settings do you run? How much do you weigh?
Performance wise I have added a Jardine pipe, race ECM, and UNI filter is on the way. I don't really need the extra power. I just can't leave well enough alone! :D
Beans and cornbread.
Post Reply