Flying Brick II

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

POOPscandal
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Re: Flying Brick II

Post by POOPscandal »

Zach wrote:Talk to SLAC if you're looking into FC's that kid has/knows where a handful of nicer ones are for a great price.
he does have good taste in FC's. :nodding:
Superb Tough Highest Performer Driven to Lifestyles Unimaginable
:domo: :domo: :domo:PHOTOBLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:NEW EXCITING BLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:
"thanks man, I didn't do it, but I'm a fan of apple penis" - <3 internet
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

Holy BALLS Panda, your signature is mind boggling!
Pittsy
Rock Smoke

Post by Pittsy »

Zach wrote:Holy BALLS Panda, your signature is mind bottling!

"Did you just say mind-bottling?"

"Yeah, mind-bottling. You know, when things are so crazy it gets your thoughts all trapped, like in a bottle?"
"Too poor for the DM RBO Elite, but they let me tag along anyway."
John Lennon wrote:I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by Lightning »

yeah, after doing all my "latest" research, I've found about 2 or 3 non-turbo FC's that look pretty good. Now all I gotta do is wait on the money part to come together
unhinged......no, not really.
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

UGH....crap's not gonna work out from what it looks like. Oh well, back to my project car, I'll still be at FD though.
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

oh man, i was really stoked at this project.

i know you've stated you are a mopar guy, and imo mopar did definately have the coolest looking cars out there.

however

the torsion beam setups on everything are gonna make entry level suspension stuff, expensive, and require a coil kit.

i would like to *try* to encourage you to check out 3rdgen fbodys, they are super cheap, can be made hella reliable, and they drift pretty good.

also Gbodies are WAYYYY cheap, circle track parts galore, and you can still have the awesome box shape, malibu sedan.

please don't got with an FC, its obvious you are awesome enough to not do something normal, so please don't. the gbody/3rdgen would be a very easy bolt on buildup, and there are TONS of aftermarket suspension stuff since everyone uses them for everything in 'Merica
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

don't worry Mike, the FC's not looking like it's gonna happen, I'm sticking with this thing 'til the end now.

Driving along at 2-3am makes me think up weird ideas.

Can somebody measure out a S13 and a S14 rear shock for me?

I need: Extended length, Compressed length, the diameter of the shock near the bottom mount.

my stock front shocks are Extended: 11.5" & Compressed: 8.4"
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

dont use s chassis ANYTHING on this, when there is dirt track stuff out the wazoooooooooooo.

get a cheap set of AFCO's or something.

call summitt and tell them the sizes or the awesomest place on earth, SPEEDWAYmotors.com
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

mikespeed95 wrote:dont use s chassis ANYTHING on this, when there is dirt track stuff out the wazoooooooooooo.

get a cheap set of AFCO's or something.

call summitt and tell them the sizes or the awesomest place on earth, SPEEDWAYmotors.com

have you been tapping into my laptop for the past few months? :D I already found the ball joints I want on there.
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

well Guys, with the Move to Tampa kinda/sorta in progress around FD ATL, I'm gonna be selling the Fury after all. it's just the whole logistics, and average cost of everything (tires, fuel, custom fabbing a lot more parts than planned), it just makes more sense to run a TE72 or AE86 Corolla, a FB or FC RX-7...or (I can't believe I'm even considering this) an S13.

Kinda leaning towards the FOERST four though, so I'll be in Tampa for about a year starting next month before the move to Atlanta. So at least I'll be able to sell the bushings, spindles, and Transmission I bought for it, as well as the grille and turn signal housings for a profit perhaps.

I won't stay down for long.
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

if you are considering an ae86 i would go pickup the latest "project car magazine" its filled with hachi stuff. mostly the sr5 to gts conversion and how to do it properly. its getting harder and harder to find decently priced GTS models that arent beat to shit or falling apart for one reason or another. sr5s are a bit easier to find, but if you want it to be a fairly good car you have no choice but to do the GTS conversion. unfortunately you cant just throw a motor swap at it and be done. even if you go SR20 you still have to do most all the GTS conversion so everything will run properly.

in short AE86=$$$$, while s13=$$$. dont personally know much about FCs or TE27s other than they look cool as hell done right.

just me throw change around take it as you will
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

revel wrote:if you are considering an ae86 i would go pickup the latest "project car magazine" its filled with hachi stuff. mostly the sr5 to gts conversion and how to do it properly. its getting harder and harder to find decently priced GTS models that arent beat to shit or falling apart for one reason or another. sr5s are a bit easier to find, but if you want it to be a fairly good car you have no choice but to do the GTS conversion. unfortunately you cant just throw a motor swap at it and be done. even if you go SR20 you still have to do most all the GTS conversion so everything will run properly.

in short AE86=$$$$, while s13=$$$. dont personally know much about FCs or TE27s other than they look cool as hell done right.

just me throw change around take it as you will

yeah, I picked up that issue about 3-4 days ago. It kinda got me thinking a bit more, which is why I was looking earlier stuff too, maybe a carb-ed 4AG...eh, I'll think of somethin.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

my carb'ed 4ag was pretty sweet.
please believe
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

P.Haire wrote:my carb'ed 4ag was pretty sweet.
they sound good definately.

I've located 3 FC's in Central FL already, all non-turbo, one without a drivetrain at all.

I'm thinking about yanking the engine out of the Fury before I sell it...

on another note, I know Miata's are usually spin-happy when it comes to drifting use, what about just disconnecting the rear sway bar?
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

Hey bud! I know we have shot some pm's back and forth about FC stuff, but if you decide to get one let me know!! I know where at least one S4 GXL is right now and I'm sure we can find you something else if needed. I'll have my faithful sparkly blue car up for sale here in the next week probably. She's gonna be pretty equipped! Full Ported upper, center, and lower intake manifolds with blockoff plates all around. Freshly resurfaced flywheel, BRAND NEW exedy stage 1 clutch, OMP blocked off so It's premix now. Brand New MMR motor mounts. I got the back half interior converted to black already and darker s5 seats in it. I also just finished bolting in a lower mileage motor and pressure washing the engine bay/motor etc. It's gonna go for around $2k, needs paint but it will be rippin' and ready to rock and roll for daily or drift.

I can always help you dig up a sub $500 car as well.

(oh and as a previous IROC owner, and someone who used to drive max's beastly z28, i WISH you would slap one together!!)
go fast or die