Page 9 of 13

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:09 am
by andysapp
Fucking IROC would be so dick.

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:31 am
by Lightning
eh, I thought about it, but while on the road for the past month I've been thinking a lot.....about who I am, what I wanna do eventually, and how I wanna do it. I'm a Mopar guy pretty much to the core, that happens to like Subarus, Toyotas, BMW's, and some Nissans too. I figure the third time's the charm, so I'm looking at Dusters, Darts, Demons(Duster with a Dart nose), Valiants, and Scamps(Dart with a Valiant/Duster nose). Everything's been in the $850-$4000 pricerange, and most of the ones that are $2k-$4k are already modded. (I need to add that everything I've looked at is already running and is capabable of a road trip from Florida to Chattanooga)

Complete suspension packages from Hotchkis for everything (including bushings) come to about $2,300 or so. (just an example) and includes all this, I just have to get the subframe connectors and torsion bars.
Image


The Yaris is disappearing, which is enabling all of this to happen in the FOERST place.

kinda thinking something like this eventually, just without the black stripe.
Image


At least I can use the spindles I got for the Fury on it.



I just wanna be up front with ya'll as to what's going on, I'm not a liar, and I never will be.

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:44 am
by P.Haire
so you are getting a muscle car from the 70s?

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:45 am
by Lightning
P.Haire wrote:so you are getting a muscle car from the 70s?

kinda-sorta. It's actually a compact as far as insurance companies are concerned. It's smaller than DJones' Mustang. The 318's in them might have 170hp if they're lucky when stock.

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:37 pm
by Dr. Marlow
I've said it before and ill say it again
you need something cheap with easy to find parts, keep it close to stock, drive every autox and drift event you can to gain experience and then slowly mod it
leave the stripped interiors and full suspension kits for later

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:38 pm
by Lightning
marlow<12 wrote:I've said it before and ill say it again
you need something cheap with easy to find parts, keep it close to stock, drive every autox and drift event you can to gain experience and then slowly mod it
leave the stripped interiors and full suspension kits for later

that's my plan this time by pretty much. I can find just about any replacement part I need for an A-body at the parts store.

I was just using the suspension kit as an example is all.

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:10 pm
by down_shift
you either build a car you like or build a car that works. so ask yourself "Do I want a car that will help me or do I just want to fuk around in a car I like?"

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:18 pm
by Generz
I just don't think that it will realistically get you the results that you want for the money you put in.. (like holding a slide or transition)

It's really tough to learn in a car that has problems doing the basics.

You gotta know what the car is doing before you can learn to manipulate it to do what you want it to do.

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:22 pm
by Greg
Tony, I think you should be a sheep and get a cheap S13, learn to drift, get some car control then build you a SLOpar and be different. I'm not doubting your driving, just sayin', driftin' is like pimpin' it aint easy



REAL TALK

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:48 pm
by Lightning
Ah know guys. I'm just needing to think on this a lot more.





I've another question though: If whatever I find is near the Atlanta area, could I get somebody to look at it for me while I'm still on the road, before my time off happens in mid-March?

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:15 pm
by Lightning
$4500 seems a bit steep for this FC, a '90 GTU, what do ya'll think?

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/1593976806.html

Image

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:19 pm
by P.Haire
i would pay $1500 for that thing at the most.

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:21 pm
by Lightning
P.Haire wrote:i would pay $1500 for that thing at the most.
that's the feeling I was getting, I'm not very FC-savvy yet.

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:34 am
by POOPscandal
that thing is clean

Re: Flying Brick II

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:30 pm
by Zach
Talk to SLAC if you're looking into FC's that kid has/knows where a handful of nicer ones are for a great price.