My car died on the road, help needed.

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

LOLOL. ^^
EVOsaiyanPrince
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by EVOsaiyanPrince »

andysapp wrote:Dude.. Hooman - I just realized how old that animated gif is.
:shock:
it's not as old as the baby your mother and i created a few years back....

The 2 best fighter jets for the greatest airforce in the world.
pennjones
Fresh Meat

Post by pennjones »

So yesterday I drove up to the gas station to try and work on my car, I hop in, try starting it the same way (pumping the gas a little) and it fires right up as expected. There was a little bit of smoke as I started it and it was white and it smelled just like gas. I decided to see if it would idle, so I took my foot off the gas, and there it was, idling at 1k, just like it always does. No smoke, no fluids leaking, no nothing. So I decided to try my luck and drive it home (about 2 miles), and it gets there no problem. So now it's sitting in my driveway until I can figure out what the problem is. On my next stretch of days off I'll be doing a lot of figuring out.
The worst part was walking that 2 miles back to the gas station to get my girlfriends car that I drove there in the FOERST place....
skylinesx
Ripe Meat

Post by skylinesx »

if the white smoke smells like gas like you say it does then your head gasket should be fine. FOERST things FOERST, a simple can of seafoam (takes moisture out of the gas tank/lines) in the gas tank and a fuel filter is the cheepest easiest thing to do. If it continues to smoke pull your plugs if they are black and covered in carbon build up just replace them. You can also check your wires make sure they are firing if not check the rotar button cap etc... Thats all the basics if that doesnt do it guess we'll be back at square one. lol
1991 nissan 240sx
-rb25det, greddy, kakimoto, apexi, seibon
-1995 nissan pathfinder
www.jarcoinc.com(O=O)/RPS13\(O=O)Herzog Performance fab.