ZIP-TIES....awsome...or not?

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

just pick one

zip-ties can fix ANYTHING!!! yes...gimme zip-tie sponsorship
88%
i take my car to a shop for oil changes....mmmmm doughnuts...
6%
nuts and bolts keep me secured
6%

Total votes: 16

sam
Ripe Meat

Post by sam »

nobody wrote:They had pink zip ties at home depot this weekend in cali!!!! drew and i saw them!!!!! they were in a multicolor pack with neon orange, green, and hot pink. it ruled ruled ruled. i should have bought them.
ACK Electronics on Deering road has an entire shelf of different colours and sizes of zip ties. They have freaking METER LONG, TWO CENTIMETER WIDE zip ties. Thost things could probably be used as spring compressors. they are freaking crazy.
*sings* my corolla breaks down more than your corolla!
BrokeAssHachi
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by BrokeAssHachi »

510 bre wrote:zipties rule but i'm still a fan of duct tape

funny ziptie story

i had these 3 foot long zipties when i worked at UPS and i used to walk around with it in a loop. anyway i was walkin through the ups hub and this guy was in front of me sratching his head so i ran up and ziptied his hand to his head. he tried to run after me and he whack his elbow on a truck and gave up.

ehh that was stupid but if you saw it you'd laugh
:lol: :lol: HAAHA! that shit is funny!
BrokeAssHachi
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by BrokeAssHachi »

ChunkeyMunkey1580 wrote: here is a sound reason to use zip-ties on atleast your bumpers. when you hit stuff or bottom out or do anything that may take your bumper off, nuts and bolts will break the bumper bolt holes where zip-ties will simply snap and send your bumper safely sliding off of the road or course, to be picked up later. this theory has been proven to me time and time again.
another thing you can do is superglue washers on the holes so when the zip ties rip off it doesnt...mmmm... donuts...