Andy, old skoool videos drift around atlanta.

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

gotundersteer?
Fresh Meat

Andy, old skoool videos drift around atlanta.

Post by gotundersteer? »

dude.

i loves these. please post more.

the 85 interchange, the block around ikea...400! these are pure gold dude. :twisted:

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=andy+sapp

anymore i may have missed?
2004 Pitch Black 5spd 2.0L(Z) ZX3: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Eibach Pro-Kit Dampers, H&R 24mm Rear Swaybar, Focus-Sport rear stress bar, MBRP Cat-Back, UK ST200 Mondeo Wheels w/ Kuhmo Ecsta 215/45/17's, (Victoracer 15'' track tires) Quantum Audio 12''/Quantum 800w Amp, Custom Ported Box, K&N Panel Filter, SVT Lip...
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Hahaha. I've got old footage like that for days. A lot of ends up looking the same, because the camera is mounted in the same spot. I really hate that the camera wasn't running when martymartymarty.net and I wrecked running tandem downtown. That was SO gnarl.

I had a clip in HD fsomewhere from that 75/85 interchange drift... it was shot from the side of the road. I'll have to see if I can find it. :)

I've been working on a new profile video that will destroy all when it's done. I keep getting freelance work, so I have to put that one to the side. But it's crazy!
:D
PostScript
Fresh Meat

Post by PostScript »

I have always wanted to drift the 75s/85n ramp. Everytime I'm over there I wonder if someone has done it. You have footage of that turn outside the car?

I love vids like these. Mike used to have a few street drift videos and I just love watching them. This aspect of the sport is really what got me into drifting. The mainsteam has ruined what I originally saw in the sport. Grassroots drifting FTW!

-Justin
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I friend of mine was making a DVD, and came to Atlanta to shoot us. He was standing on the inside of that corner when I hit that interchange. It's pretty wild. I remember having it on my machine at my old job... it may take some digging to find.

I miss going out and doing stuff like that. People put such a negative connotation with street drifting (and with good reason). But that's how I sure as hell started out, because Atlanta didn't always have sanctioned events. I miss going out by myself to my street spots and just having fun. That's drifting in it's purest state is to me... because that's how I started, and what addicted me to the sport like it did.
shawn shawn
Hollasaurus Rex

Post by shawn shawn »

andysapp wrote: I miss going out and doing stuff like that. People put such a negative connotation with street drifting (and with good reason). But that's how I sure as hell started out, because Atlanta didn't always have sanctioned events. I miss going out by myself to my street spots and just having fun. That's drifting in it's purest state is to me... because that's how I started, and what addicted me to the sport like it did.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There is your post of the day right there!
ImageImage

_team rowdy_
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

andysapp wrote:I miss going out by myself to my street spots and just having fun. That's drifting in it's purest state is to me... because that's how I started, and what addicted me to the sport like it did.

Sitting in a parking light with parking lights on.. with radios to send the ok to make the run. ;)

Man, that was so long ago.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Those were CLASSIC sessions in Atlanta drifting. It's crazy how you don't realize how precious a moment in time is, until you're looking back on it thinking "man, I miss those days".

Just think... Dan's s14 was battleship grey, Tracy drifted for the 1st time, and Dan yelled at her, Chad had his s13, Dennis had his s14, I was ripping an open diff, and we were all learning and helping each other figure out all these mysterious techniques.

http://driftmechaniks.com/video/andysap ... Sparks.mov
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

I was thinking that I was the camera man on that one but I saw my car in the background.
Remember when Dan threw the rear of the car onto the curb? Fun times.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Hahaha... I have that on tape somewhere.
Those were great times for sure.
shawn shawn
Hollasaurus Rex

Post by shawn shawn »

That was back when I didn't know anyone in the drift scene. It was me and my one homeboy attacking every industrial park I could find. He was my look out so I could do my thing. We spent many a night out all night looking for spots. Those were the days!

One of the cooler times I remember was I was at this one lot on a saturday afternoon and sammy showed up the same time I got there (back when he had that s14). He set up a little course and we went at it for about an hour. We ended up with an audience from the nearby buildings haha. It was a great day. I went back there the next week and took out a rim on a curb and laughed the whole time.

I miss my green s13.
ImageImage

_team rowdy_
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Days like that are awesome. Pre-enforcement awareness, and nothin' but good times.
shawn shawn
Hollasaurus Rex

Post by shawn shawn »

andysapp wrote:Days like that are awesome. Pre-enforcement awareness, and nothin' but good times.

haha exactly. The cops that saw me just said what the hell you doing out here boy???

Not a clue. ;)

Now a days I see them waiting in the lots I used to go to. :(
ImageImage

_team rowdy_
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Adam and I used to talk about "respecting" the drift spot. Never abuse it, because it will be gone before you know it. I don't think a lot of people ever thought about that kind of stuff.

I remember taking some people out to one of my favorite spots, telling them not to abuse it... then a month later I went back and there were video camera EVERYWHERE. It only made sense to me that they abused it to the point that ownership had cameras installed. It made me mad.
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

andysapp wrote:Adam and I used to talk about "respecting" the drift spot. Never abuse it, because it will be gone before you know it. I don't think a lot of people ever thought about that kind of stuff.

I remember taking some people out to one of my favorite spots, telling them not to abuse it... then a month later I went back and there were video camera EVERYWHERE. It only made sense to me that they abused it to the point that ownership had cameras installed. It made me mad.
Unfortunately everyone think it's a dick move to keep spots completely secret, but it was one of the few ways to keep it safe and under the radar.
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

I remember this one time when Andy and I were at some Industrial park. It was a smaller lot but pretty long. I remember Andy and I doing the dance so long that we had to stop and pull away because we couldn't see each other even though we were about 4 feet apart!! I had to stop my car and listen to Andy's car just so I knew where he was so I didn't bump into him pulling away. :)
Last edited by ChadMK4 on Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.