S15 conversion

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

SrNisMo20
Fresh Meat

S15 conversion

Post by SrNisMo20 »

so i finally have the money to do the S15 conversion on my 180sx , only problem is that is doesnt come with the rear bumper and the side skirts. So if you can take a look at the link and see if you can find any side skirts or bumber that would look good with it.
Thanks

THis is the front end that it is coming with so please help
BrokeAssHachi
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by BrokeAssHachi »

what link?
sam
Ripe Meat

Post by sam »

that's a lot of money for a bumper and headlights that could eaisily be f'ed up by drifting into something.
*sings* my corolla breaks down more than your corolla!
SrNisMo20
Fresh Meat

Post by SrNisMo20 »

BrokeAssHachi wrote:what link?
Oh sorry Heres the link

http://www.trixracing.com/productdetail ... ctID=14945
SrNisMo20
Fresh Meat

Post by SrNisMo20 »

sam wrote:that's a lot of money for a bumper and headlights that could eaisily be f'ed up by drifting into something.
Yea i kno, its just that thats the 1st thing ive wanted to do since the s15 came out.
djdorifto
Clam Salesman

Post by djdorifto »

you have a true 180sx? If so the hell with the S15 keep ur front. I never liked the front end being put on a S13 or S14. Some cars can pull it off, but 95% of them do not. I don't know why. Drift-X's car that was on SuperStreet like 2 years ago that Galaxy Blue color now that was hott. But I'd stay with a Kouki front end.

Goodluck with whatever ya choose! Remember we love pics!
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

let me warn you about the fitment on that stuff as it's not gonna be good. i see so many people on the 240 boards trying to do it and going with the cheap brands (like VIS or any of the other american companies) and just giving up or ending up with really shady fitment (if you're bored, read this thread for more people who have already been through it: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=59235).
if you're gonna do it, save up for the good stuff like masa fenders and real JDM aero parts (c-west, gp sports, etc) as it will save you lots of work and money in the end.
good look though, if done right it's gonna be awesome!
airBORNE
Fresh Meat

Post by airBORNE »

i agree with cody. the fitment on the kit probably will not be as good as you would think. the OEM S15 front fenders do NOT bolt up to the S13/S14 240's, so the kit uses conversion fenders they manufacture which are most likely made of fiberglass, not metal. Aside from being made from a weaker material the fenders most likely will not bolt up perfect (uneven gapping between doors and fenders), however a good body shop could make it fit and look really nice if you are willing to pay for it. i guess what im saying is the front end looks great, but expect to pay a very good body shop to put it on because its not a bolt up kit.
http://www.airbornemotorsports.com

"Depend on the Lord in whatever you do, and your plans will succeed" Proverbs 16:3
aburazaru
Get Some

Post by aburazaru »

you know i have to agree with them on the fitment problem. my s15 fenders are from masa and they still do not bolt up exactly. i didn't complain though because i only paid $600 for the entire front end.
it took me a whole day just to make the fenders and the headlights line up against each other, and then into the night to get the rest on. the hood and the bumper are oem though, oh and the lights.

good luck and if you want i could find you a front end for way cheaper than that...pm me
Prince Nismo
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Prince Nismo »

JM agrees... front ends are usually not fitting right now-a-day's... don't know why. you get what you pay for... S15 is the frickin bomb tho... go for it... just remember bondo is a good friend to you.
Drift long
Shift Short
Boost High
Ride low

12 psi a day keeps the honda away!
offtheline
Fresh Meat

Post by offtheline »

I don't like the s15 front end on s13s or s14s. I just dont. I feel like it is completely a show-car thing to do and it is played out. You will be spending at least $3,000 on parts alone. Not to mention all of the bodywork that will need to go into it because it won't just bolt together perfectly. Then you gotta paint it. For that money, you could get all kinds of stuff to either make your car go faster, or look better. Thats just my opinion.

If I was going to drop that much money on aesthetics. I'd go for a full Ings, Vertex, or GPsports kit. Those all look soo classy.

Oh, btw, I hope you don't live in an urban area because I can guarantee theives will be wanting to take that car. Those headlights alone will sell for 600 on ebay.
--

Whats another word for pirate treasure?