found TE27 and need your opinion

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

sa22drft
Fresh Meat

found TE27 and need your opinion

Post by sa22drft »

i just found a decent(read:restorable condition, not sure yet if it runs or is a manual)TE27 corolla. im not sure if it runs or if i can get the guy to sell it but lets sayit runs and is a manual how much would you offer him? need to get some ideas. thanks
like i always say"if it ain't sideways, it ain't drivin" it pays to be sideways!
sa22drft
Fresh Meat

Post by sa22drft »

come on ppl give me some info
like i always say"if it ain't sideways, it ain't drivin" it pays to be sideways!
jo
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by jo »

i would, but i don't really know what it would be worth to offer! sorry:)
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

same here, i've never done any reseach on those so i wouldn't me of much help. sorry, but good luck with it!
darkducati
Purple Drank

Post by darkducati »

Here's an old trick. Offer him an amount that makes him curse your mothers name, but not hang up on you. You can always go up. Or, ask him what he wants. I would say to start at $300 if he doesn't make a suggestion.
Beans and cornbread.
sam
Ripe Meat

Post by sam »

I got a friend with a 1979 TE51 SR-5 hatch that he'd be willing to seperate with for a decent amount.
Strong 3T-C motor (strong enough to run on 3 cylenders when he forgot to put in the #3 spark plug), RWD, open rear diff (of course), 5 speed, and has a tach. original wheels and interior in good condition. Little rust on exterior, but less than my AE86.

He's in the market for a mk1 mr2.
*sings* my corolla breaks down more than your corolla!
sam
Ripe Meat

te51?

Post by sam »

sam wrote:I got a friend with a 1979 TE51 SR-5 hatch that he'd be willing to seperate with for a decent amount.
Strong 3T-C motor (strong enough to run on 3 cylenders when he forgot to put in the #3 spark plug), RWD, open rear diff (of course), 5 speed, and has a tach. original wheels and interior in good condition. Little rust on exterior, but less than my AE86.

He's in the market for a mk1 mr2.
That's what Simon's current ride is, the VIN reads TE51, but I'm not sure of the frame code.
sa22drft
Fresh Meat

Post by sa22drft »

hey sam how much would he let it go for?
sam
Ripe Meat

Post by sam »

sa22drft wrote:hey sam how much would he let it go for?
I just left him a message. he just landed a new job (full time now) so he's started (once again) saving up for his beloved AW11. Any help towards that he could get out of getting rid of the white car (the 79 TE51) he'd love. The te51 is somewhat tempermental, very well maintained and strong car, but it's not that good to be someone's only vehicle.Well,She's older than me by a few years, and has plenty moremiles.all original