DDay 6 - Ocala Gran Prix: 02.19.04!!!

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

andysapp
I need to go outside

DDay 6 - Ocala Gran Prix: 02.19.04!!!

Post by andysapp »

(Pasted from http://www.DGTrials.com)

2005 is upon us and its time to get cracking again.

SOME of you might be dick of Ocala, but most are not...we'll try to switch it up a few times during the day to make it more interesting. As usual we will have lots of Red Bull out there to keep you guys pumped as well as the concession stands will be open as usual to keep you fed and with a full stomach of stuff to barf up during ride-alongs. So this is it...bring your helmets, bring your extra tires, Bring your hot sisters

NOTE - YES WE'RE STILL USING THE OVAL TURN.

PLEASE NOTE EARLIER STARTING TIME!! - Last time we got the show kicked of an hour+ earlier and got everyone lots of track time. We'll stick to the same schedule. If you're not in and teched by 8:30 you don't participate.

Price is STAYING at $90- Because costs of running the event are ever growing. We love to do this for you guys but dont like being negative at the end of the day. HIGH QUALITY Facilities and insurance unfortunately are more expensive and since Erik and I arent millionaires, we have to adjust price accordingly.
Any complaints about price/cost will be ignored, so why bother?

Date: Saturday, February 19th, 2004
Place: Ocala Grand Prix – Ocala, FL.
Time: Gates Open 7:00AM - ????

REGISTRATION AND TECH: 7:000AM-830AM
DRIVERS MEETING & WALKAROUND: 845AM
DRIFTING: FOERST CAR ROLLS AS SOON AS MEETING IS OVER

Drivers: $90 Pre-registered or $150 at the gate
Spectators: $5

**** Pre-registration IS OPEN NOW! Paypal Address is: SALES@DGTRIALS.COM

Pre Registration will run all the way up to the eve of the event! But don't let that make you lazy and say 'I'll do it tomorrow'!!

Ocala is a very nice and clean facility, so we are going to emphasize cleanliness and respect towards the track, it's workers, and the local environment. Any goofing around, horseplay in the pit area, and otherwise disrespectful behavior will NOT be tolerated and will result in expulsion from the facility with no refund.

This event is NOT going to be a competition, rather an Open invitation to anyone wanting to get more seat time in a safe legal environment for drifting. The track will consist of 8 turns that are easy enough for a stock 240sx to slide, but technical enough for the highly modified skilled driver to link (hint: combo) the entire section.

Parking is ample, but limited, so we recommend carpooling for the spectators. We want you out there, but we don't want you to have to “Austin Powers” your car in order to get a parking spot!

For spectators this time we will have full grand stands available for your viewing pleasure as well as a full service concession stand.

NOTE: There will be a 40 DRIVER MAX again This time. To make sure that everyone gets MORE seat time. We will be being very strict on time this time..that means...I say tech ends at 830, it ends at 830. If youre not there and ready to go by then...Not my problem, other people were responsible enough to get there on time and dont have the patience to wait for the rest of you.

HOTEL:
Days Inn
3620 W Silver Springs Boulevard
OCALA, FL 32808
Phone: (352) 629-0091

Please direct any questions or hate mail you have regarding the track or the event in general to kyle@dgtrials.com
Last edited by andysapp on Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Due to a personal scheduling conflict. I won't be able to make it to this one... but anyone who can make it down there should do so! The track gives you a lot to learn on. DGTrials sets it up so you get a lot of seat time on it as well!
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

i'm gonna try my hardest to make it down there, however i can't guarantee anything yet. if anyone else wants to go let me know though and then it would make it a little easier.
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

i'm also gunning to make it down there but can't commit just yet.
djdorifto
Clam Salesman

Post by djdorifto »

I don't think the event is going to go. And if it doesn't go, then no more drift events in Florida. Sucks ass thou. I was talking about this with a few friends of mine in Cali and the cost of living here is so much cheaper, but you get paid like 5bucks an hour. Its crazy. I hope DG Trials can look over that and offer an event or offer an event in advance for people to save up money. Cause with tires, gas, equipment, gate fee, more gas, its hard to save up money for these things. I just think they are getting out of the Florida scene to fast.

Lets hope its not forever, goodluck with the staff at DGTrials.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

yup, it just officiallly got cancelled by kyle (right as i was going on there to send my money) :(.
djdorifto
Clam Salesman

Post by djdorifto »

really? He said he was going to leave it up til Feb 1st.

ohwell, theres still a few more events out there.