american iron (err.... aluminum)

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Frosty_SPL
Purple Drank

Post by Frosty_SPL »

so getting it to pass emissions is a big NO for the obd2 people, huh?
Sugar. Water. Jacket.
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

obdII and swap dont mix well.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

Frosty_SPL wrote:so getting it to pass emissions is a big NO for the obd2 people, huh?
actually getting it to pass emissions with the OBD2 isn't hard at all. the reworked harnesses come with OBD2 serial ports on them and as long as you don't take off the emissions equipment and still run the pre-cats/rear cats along with the rear oxygen sensors then you'd be fine. it's just a lot of other BS to try to fit into the car ;).
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

sounds like this will be a quick install since u r pressing for time. good luck!!
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

ok tonight's slight progress. got started on the engine mount locations for building my custom mounts. these are 1/4" steel plate, and will be gusseted on the bottom to resist flexing down from the weight.

a shot of the subframe notch for oilpan clearance. i might need to take a little more out but i'm not messing with that until i see how far back the motor can really go before it hits everything.

last thing i did tonight was install the new throwout bearing on the slave cylinder. i went to install it back onto the tranny and sure enough, one of the bolts stripped the hole so i need to drill/tap the hole one size larger. not a big deal, just didn't get around to it this evening. these GM slaves are pretty neat little setups and don't weigh anything compared to a standard slave/arm setup.

revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

hell yeah erin. you are making good progress from what i saw when i was at your crib. my schedule is opening up so i could give you some assistance.

that dielectric stuff worked perfectly. starts up everytime. let me know when you will have another day off, or plan on working on your LS13 all day again.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

This is a rad build. I can't wait to see it all come together!
Props to you Erin... this shit is too dick!
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

tonight was good, progress was had.

got the motor in the car and after many pulls and several proper beatings to the trans tunnel we got it sitting where i wanted it.

at FOERST i thought the hood wouldn't fit, but after sitting the stock silvia hood on there all i'll have to do is cut one rib out of the bottom and i'm golden :). unfortunately, the awesome carbon hood i just bought has to go :(.

shawn shawn
Hollasaurus Rex

Post by shawn shawn »

Im so jealous right now................. not just of the car but your fabrication skills! Keep it up!!!
ImageImage

_team rowdy_
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

dorimon wrote:Im so jealous right now................. not just of the car but your fabrication skills! Keep it up!!!
told ya it was here!!! dummie!
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

I can't wait to see this thing sometime :D. It's going to be the new hotness!!
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

Zachscar wrote:I can't wait to see this thing sometime :D. It's going to be the new hotness!!
you'd be suprised at how many of these swaps are being done at the moment. it's still far cheaper to do an SR with upgrades though.
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

yours will take them all down.
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

icantdrift wrote:
Zachscar wrote:I can't wait to see this thing sometime :D. It's going to be the new hotness!!
you'd be suprised at how many of these swaps are being done at the moment. it's still far cheaper to do an SR with upgrades though.
No, I know there's lots going on.. I was just saying your car itself was going to be a new monster! :D :lol: :lol:
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

How did things go today? Good progress?!?
:D