american iron (err.... aluminum)

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

duuuuuuude, that hurst shifter kicks so much anus
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

mikespeed95 wrote:duuuuuuude, that hurst shifter kicks so much anus
haha, i love the throw on it and i think i'm just going to leave it long like it is... it takes some muscle to get it over to reverse so i'll need the leverage.

and thanks again for answering all of my stupid questions on LS1tech/AIM 8)
sil80det
Fresh Meat

Post by sil80det »

Damn Erin that looks awsome. Definately going to suprise the living hell out of people with the stock hood. What are you doing about the exhaust?
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

sil80det wrote:Damn Erin that looks awsome. Definately going to suprise the living hell out of people with the stock hood. What are you doing about the exhaust?
dual 2.5" with some knockoff flowmasters under the car and turndowns for now. eventually i'll do something nice, i just don't have the time left for that at the moment.
Tracy
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Tracy »

drifting is gay anyways :D
CubanMike
Get Some

Post by CubanMike »

icantdrift wrote:
sil80det wrote:Damn Erin that looks awsome. Definately going to suprise the living hell out of people with the stock hood. What are you doing about the exhaust?
dual 2.5" with some knockoff flowmasters under the car and turndowns for now. eventually i'll do something nice, i just don't have the time left for that at the moment.
mmmmmmmmmmm, turndowns!!!
Grease Munkey Drift & Speed
GreaseMunkeyFC@yahoo.com
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

icantdrift wrote:dual 2.5" with some knockoff flowmasters under the car and turndowns for now. eventually i'll do something nice, i just don't have the time left for that at the moment.
There goes the sleeper effect LoL.

but it will sound just badass with some turndowns!!
go fast or die
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

i'm going to build a nice single exhaust for it later (or duals just coming out the same side) and i want it to be relatively quiet... it's just my timeframe dictating what i'm doing for now.
sil80det
Fresh Meat

Post by sil80det »

Yah I was curious whether you were going to go for the crazy loud straight pipe style or do something a bit more subtle. So many options, that would be a hard decision.
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

manifolds and radiator showed up last night, unfortunately i'm getting the runaround from hinson on the damn wiring harness :(. looks like the car won't run until mid next week now :oops:
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Can you buy another wiring harness and either tell Hinson to FO or sell it when you get it back from them? Mid-next week definitely worries me. You need time to shake that beast down.
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

andysapp wrote:Can you buy another wiring harness and either tell Hinson to FO or sell it when you get it back from them? Mid-next week definitely worries me. You need time to shake that beast down.
i've tried... every place that sells them makes them custom to order, meaning over a week to build then ship. nobody around here has a stock one they'll let go either. i'm calling hinson at 2pm when i go to lunch, if they haven't started on it i'm telling him to ship it back and i'll figure it out on my own.

also figured out last night that my motor mounts are a bit tight with the manifolds, it's going to be tough to make the downtubes to pass the mounts without rebuilding those as well :(. i just ordered a pre-made set of hotrod mounts that i know i can make work quickly so that's not really an issue now, just have to wait for those as well. i'm going to try tonight to figure out if i can make the ones i build clear with minimal work so i may not have to go that far but i guess i'll have to wait to find out.

edit: anyone want to make the drive out there tomorrow to pick up the harness? it's only a 3.5hr drive from atlanta :lol:
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

sorry to hear things are getting chaotic for you. hoping things work out in time for you to give the car a good stompin before the demos.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Man it makes me nervous for you. Any chance Dan has an extra harness at the shop? Why can't Hinson get it done until next week?
Tracy
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Tracy »

lets go there tonight Erin :evil: