toyota's new concept car

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

jo
Not Really Past the Hazing

toyota's new concept car

Post by jo »

EVOsaiyanPrince
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by EVOsaiyanPrince »

Forget that wack ass ride...

Crack any ECU codes lately? I've been cracking the MATRIX code since '99, step up. :twisted:

The 2 best fighter jets for the greatest airforce in the world.
djdorifto
Clam Salesman

Post by djdorifto »

i hope the rumors are not true that the supra won't be coming out way later because of them spending money on these BS concept cars. 408HP and only goes 155mph, weak!!! but i guess the mpg is good lol
jo

Post by jo »

EVOsaiyanPrince wrote: Crack any ECU codes lately? I've been cracking the MATRIX code since '99, step up. :twisted:
hahaha nah not really...though prodrive did ask for my resume, so maybe in the near future i'll be one of their ecutek trainees!;) i have to say that getting to mess around with their unreleased software was the shiznit!

they are developing suspension for the evo as well per mitsu's request. it's the only product they'll make for your car. it should be pretty freakin' bad ass if it's anything like the AST that is going to come out for the STi.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Levin/Trueno Concept!

Post by andysapp »

I like the concept Levin/Trueno!

sam
Ripe Meat

sorry kids.

Post by sam »

Argh, the whores at toyota.
FOERST of all, the top car is a weak stab at the Honda Dualnote concept (400 hp 50MPG AWD car built on a 150hp electric up front, and the rest on IMA/serial hybrid in rear.) Was proposed as a "Next NSX" but compleatly abandoned, as most people who go fast aren't interisted in trees.
Toyota is latching on, trying to make it cool. Honda has a commitment to the enviroment (Note every vehicle in their lineup is LEV or better, No V8's, et cetera), while Toyota is known for some god-awful vehicles smog wise. It's cool though, at least toyota makes trucks. I just see it as toyota ripping off a good idea.

And the supra concept is BS, I believe. Toyota brass said earlier this year that they have no intention of making a "Next Supra" until 2007 at the earliest, and even so, any images of that design would be top secret. The Soarer/SC430 will be our one hope from them. Or so they say.

Also, people have been asking for an AE86+ from toyota since '89. Hasn't happened yet. The best hope would be a coupe/hatchback built off the Altezza/IS body, powered probably by a 3S-GE BEAMS motor. Which can NEVER make american smog standard, too hot, to much NOx.

Lies!

Anyways, I'll be here to debunk the loch ness monster, the yeti, and UFO pics too.
*sings* my corolla breaks down more than your corolla!
jo

Post by jo »

glad you are finally here youreself...now i can stop relaying everything i hear from you:P

welcome and all that kinda stuff=)